Crud Removal

Arub

I occaisionally have a build up of "crud" on the sides and bottom of my case cleaner (vibrator type). In the past I have scraped and, in some cases, sanded it down. Have tried using mineral spirits to disolve it to no avail.

Any quickie methods to remove it?

Thanks

Shell Shucker

I've never had that problem.
I treat my media with Dillon Rapid Polish. It makes a BIG difference compared to untreated media in regards to how clean the brass gets. It cuts down tumbling time dramatically.
Maybe it would help with your problem. I don't know. How old is your media? It may need changing if it is "plating" your tumbler.
I use walnut for cleaning and corn cob to remove sizing lube.
Hope this helps. SS

BigJimP

Scrape some of the crud out - and test it on a bench - to see what disolves it the best ( obviously not mineral spirits ) - but try acetone, maybe laquer thinner..... something will take it out easily.

But like the other response - I use Dillon media and Dillon polish and I haven't noticed a problem either. It must be a combination of stuff - where you used too much polish maybe / or the media broke down and then compacted against the sides.

Scorch

Many of these polishing compounds are soluble in water, so you might try taking the bowl to the kitchen sink and use dishwashing soap on it.