Crow rifle - Braztech?

maddog44

I'm looking to get myself a crow rifle in .22 hornet to .223. Don't want to spend a lot of money so was considering NEF UltraVarmint. Then I saw Wallyworld had the Braztech (import by Rossi) for about $175.00. Can anyone tell me how accurate and reliable they are? Thanks in advance!

Delynn

Marlin 17 hmr

Have you looked at the Marlin 17 hmr. It is less than $200. and I love mine. The trigger needs some work but for the Money it is a great crow gun. Just my thought.

FMB42

Delynn has a good point.

I have heard some very good things, both here and at the range, about the .17 hmr. And I have a Marlin bolt in .22 mag that is very accurate. I keep wanting to look at .17 hmr rifles at the local Big 5, but they are always sold out of the things. This tells me that they are worth looking into.

maddog44

The 17 hmr doesn't have the range I'm looking for. I want to reach out to touch crows at 250 yds. M.V. of the .17 is less than 2700 fps. I can get over 3000 fps out of a hornet. To get out to 250 yds without a lot of holdover, I will need at least 3000 fps, which the .17 hmr does not have.

tINY

204 ruger is a good round to look at...

...for 22 hornet make sure to take a look at the Savage 40.

-tINY

Clone

my 22mag has not failed me yet, and is accurate to the 100yds or so that i shoot at. would like to add a 223 bull barrel but they havent goten their barrel program runing yet. :(

REELZARUBA

Ck Out 243 55gr Silver Tip Winchester, Better Than 22-250,220swift,204 Ruger After 150 Yds It Takes Over In Velosity And Engery And Easy To Get Ammo Anywhere. 7 rounds To Pick From And A Larger Game Rifle Also.