Crimson Trace or Lasermax for XD .45????

Perldog007

Well, it's time to put laser sights on the XD .45. Am interested in the opinions of the forum members concerning a choice between the Crimson Trace Grips or the lasermax guide rod.

Any thoughts?

sholling

I'm a huge fan of crimson trace. The instant on/off without altering your grip or giving a nanoseconds extra thought is extremely important to me. Think though your tactics... identify target... activate laser-identify/confirm POI... BANG... laser off in a single second. You can't do that while diving for cover with any other system.

Last edited:

dwatts47

I've used two of the lasermax modules and found neither to be spot on precise, nor able to adjusted so.

The laser grips on the other hand, in my experience are infinantly adjustable and I've had no issues getting them to hit exactly where my iron sights line up.

My vote is Crimson trace.

hoytinak

I prefer the Crimson Trace grips on everything but my Glock....I've got small hands and it makes the Glock a little too wide for me. So for the Glock I went with the Lasermax.

1911 fan

I really don't know much about Lasermax but i have nothing but good things to say about Crimson trace. They stand behind their product & they make a good quality product at that.