Crimson Trace laser grips-comfortable?

38snapcaps

I am thinking of putting a set of LG-405 grips on my 642. They claim the rubber cushion on the backstrap reduces recoil by 30%. I'm all for that as I find the present recoil too discouragingly painful to practice much.

$230 is alot of money to take a chance with, so does anyone have any experience with these grips? What do you think of the idea of the laser on a carry piece? I have them on my house gun, but I'm not sure for personal protection outside the home.

orionengnr

do a search; lots of folks like them.

If I ever come up with a "spare" $200 or so, I may try it...having said that,

My search for the Elusive Perfect CHL Weapon means that I spend too much time (and money) buying and selling. Once I am convinced that "I Have Found It", then I'll decide whether to "Buy A Laser For It"...

Of course then....it is LaserMax or Crimson Trace? :rolleyes: Will it never end?

Pointer

They are great for what they were designed for...
Taking shots in the dark... and shooting from a position where you cannot aim properly...Like from under a school desk? :p

The grips are harder than most and the recoil from repeated shooting can get unpleasant... especially with the light weight snubbies. ;)

gfen

I have the LG305s and yes, they do make a HUGE difference in the ability for my hand to last beyond 10 rounds, while they're not so massive as to defeat the purpose of a wee little J frame.

Can't speak for the 405, though.

Sulaco2

I'm kind of POed as I got the last gen of Crimson Trace grips on my Bodyguard airweight and found that +P's are a no no after about three rounds, standard 125 or 110's only inthat gun and grip of I want to hit anything outside 6 feet. The new larger and rubber backstrap grips look like the solution to the small grip problem to me.

NGP58

I have them on two guns, a LG- 301 set on my S&W 1911. And a LG-306 set on my 686 snubbie. I can't speak personally about the J frame models but, on mine the grips make them tackdrivers..:D ...Norm.

john in jax

I've got a set of the "hard" grips on my .44mag S&W 629, and a pair of the old side activated, 2 piece 1911 grips - - I like them. I'd love them except when the battery dies and you've got to re-sight in the grips after replacing the batteries. The newer "front activated" models are much more comfortable than the side activated ones.

Practicing with the little red dot helps you recognize and overcome your twitches, wiggles and shakes. Knowing the bullet is going to hit where the little red dot is builds confidence.

guntotin_fool

Jeepers, 125's are not that bad out of an airweight, even with the +P's they are a little sharp but not painful....with rubber crimson traces they are easy....