Crimson Trace, Glock, and Galco Holster?

Swifty Morgan

I'm thinking of getting a Glock 20 and putting a Crimson Trace on it. I have a Galco Miami Classic 2 holster for a Glock 29, and I like it a lot. Does anyone here know whether a Crimson Trace will work with a Glock and this holster?

lee n. field

Lasergrip, or some other laser?

Lasergrip is easy -- "probably".

Laserguard or rail mount, you're looking at a new holster. (As I found recently when I got a Laserguard for something.)

Last edited:

Swifty Morgan

I forgot that Crimson Trace makes so many different types of lasers. I was thinking of an LG-637 Lasergrip. Problem: it looks like Glock doesn't make a red Lasergrip that will fit the Glock 20.

I have a Lasermax on another Glock, but the batteries die fast, and it just doesn't seem like a reliable product.

Rinspeed

I've never been a fan of laser sights and think most people use them as a crutch thinking they will make them a better shot. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Swifty Morgan

I have solid complaints about Lasermax reliability. First, the batteries die fast. Second, the cap that holds the batteries in falls apart. Third, the weird little bar that operates the laser can slide out of the gun and become inoperative.

All three of these things have happened to me, and I only have one Lasermax. That's pretty bad.

The only bonus is that the Lasermax guide rod is better than the Glock. I have had two Glock guide rods fail, and I haven't had many Glocks.

I've never been a fan of laser sights and think most people use them as a crutch thinking they will make them a better shot. Nothing could be farther from the truth

It gives you an alternative to the sights when it's dark. In this respect, I like it better than night sights. A laser will light up the target to some extent, so you'll know what you're aiming at. Night sights will not help you see the target.

lee n. field

I've never been a fan of laser sights and think most people use them as a crutch thinking they will make them a better shot. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Lasers have a niche, but it's not everyday shooting, and not for everybody.

I have 2 lasergrips for snubbies, and I like them a lot. (Partly because even without the laser they're very good grips.) I have one CT laserguard that I got for my XDS, that I will probably end up not using. It changes the way the gun handles in a way I find annoying. Too bad, at least I didn't spend that much on this one.

Rinspeed

Swifty Morgan said:
It gives you an alternative to the sights when it's dark. In this respect, I like it better than night sights. A laser will light up the target to some extent, so you'll know what you're aiming at. Night sights will not help you see the target.

If you get to the point where you have a gun pointed at anyone you should have had a light in your hand long before that. :eek:

Swifty Morgan

I'll just carry a flashlight everywhere I go. Maybe I should also add galoshes and a cooler full of survival supplies.

A laser IS a light.

Last edited: