Craig Spegel Grips?

Mastrogiacomo

I'm thinking of getting a pair for my new snubby 686. Does anyone have grips by Spegel? How do they hold up and do they make the recoil harsher? Thanks.

ClarkEMyers

Try'em, if you don't like'em you won't lose much on resale

Barring use to drive fencing staples I'd expect them to last as long as any - probably longer than guns will be legal in Massachussets :) . Recoil is pretty much a matter of physical laws - nice heavy grips will help - otherwise it's a matter of felt recoil and depending on how they fit your hands I'd expect felt recoil to be a little more severe with the boot grips I take it you are talking about.

If you get access to a time machine - see the MIT Timetraveler's convention this past weekend I'd go with Fuzzy Farant but you likely won't have that option.

For more comfort I'd get custom Herrett or Nill or another target/range oriented grip. Given that you say snubby I can't imagine a more or better fitting grip.

Erich

Didn't Fuzzy's grips require grinding on the frontstraps of frames?

Anyway, I've never met anyone disappointed with Spegel's grips. Myself included.

JB in SC

Spegels are more comfortable to me by a large margin than the Ahrends. Craig's Boot Plus is a little more controllable. The fit is fantastic, almost like custom stocks.

Yes, Erich.

Fuzzy's stocks (at least for the N frame) required grinding the front of the frame slightly, I had a set on a S&W 5" M27 in the early 70's. Great feel for a large frame revolver.