Craig, LTD Proton X-1 - Anybody Know This Gun?

whitebear

Shooters.com is giving one as their sweepstakes prize this month. It looks like an interesting piece -

Introduction%20page.jpg

Does anyone have any hands-on experience with one of these?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Tony

whitebear

You can see more information @ http://www.craigltd.com/ - the thing is already on sale for $1,195 American. Comes in 9mm, 40, and .357 Sig.

Here's the Features page from the website:

Features%20Page.jpg

Still looking for anyone who has actually seen, held or fired one. Looks like it would have an amazingly high grip, thus little recoil. That trigger looks spooky, though - I think I had a toy dart gun once that had a trigger with that profile...

Mikul

There are a couple of excellent points about this gun

1) The high grip position should make for easy handling of recoil and fast followup shots.

2) The chamber sits very far back on the frame which maximizes the barrel length.

I don't like the small trigger guard. I don't think a gloved finger will fit in there. A STRAIGHT trigger? Hmmm...

Whoever handed the industrial design is terrible, and the graphic design on the advertisement is worse.

D.W. Drang

Their web pages are so graphics-intensive I couldn't get half of them to load.
I did get the price, though.
My first thought was "Jeeze, I could get two guns for that." Then I thought "Jeeze, that's uglier than a Glock!"

whitebear

The guy who created this piece is Fred Craig, a gunsmith specializes in custom 1911s. He's located in Geneseo, Kansas. Anybody know anything about the quality of his 1911s?

Tony

Handy

This is a gas delayed blowback gun like the HK P7 and Steyr GB. If it displays similar accuracy and low recoil, it could be a terrific performer.

USGuns

different...

While it's a little short in the looks department (maybe trying to be TOO futuristic), you gotta give the guy credit for trying to be innovative and giving the market yet another choice. Competition and choice is good!

I'm just as curious as the rest on how it actually SHOOTS though!
Anyone seen/held/shot one of these yet?

TheActor

I posted about this gun a week ago on diffrent boards and not a soul has ever held one. The website is very lacking in that there are no images of the inner workings or independent reviews. I entered the contest on shooter's anyway. I'd be happy with a peak at the insides. Happier still with a review.

Mustang6

Expensive Peice

I just got an email back from them..not sure I would spend that much right now but maybe someday!!

Hi Thomas
Thank you for your interest in the Proton X-1. Some of the pricing information is on our specification page. The basic gun is $1195 plus the FET. tax, which is 10%. If you order a gun directly from us we can help with the FET. part. The options are listed with their prices, additional options we will initially be offering are a mag well, light rail for mounting an M-3 light and dovetail front site with choice of colors.You can order directly form us. All guns have our 100% money back guarantee, if upon receiving your Proton you are not totally pleased with it's look, feel, quality or anything else. We will promptly refund the price you paid for the gun. As a buyer you can not go wrong buying it directly from us. If you have any questions please give me a call at 920-528-1447. Thanks and take care, Bruce Buelke.