cracked frame on star pd

hnusz

striped it down Monday after going to the range found a crack have had this gun 3 months lgs closed on Monday took it to him Tuesday morning he said he would see what he could do called me last nite brought this home got 750 in it going to try to shoot it before we go out of town Friday its not letting me post pictures will try latter I got a springfield armory 1911compact

Last edited:
hnusz said:
lgs closed on Monday took it to him Tuesday morning he said he would see what he could do called me last nite brought this home
There is a reason that written English uses sentences, capitalization and punctuation -- so other people can figure out what you wrote. I don't have a clue what this says.

I get that your local gun shop was closed Monday and you visited him on Tuesday. I guess then he called you on Wednesday? What did he say? What did you bring home -- the same pistol, a replacement Star PD, or another pistol entirely?

I'm confused.

Ibmikey

Replace the buffer on occasion and a PD will shoot forever, it would be nice to see a photo of the "crack".

JimmyR

Aguila Blanca said:
There is a reason that written English uses sentences, capitalization and punctuation -- so other people can figure out what you wrote. I don't have a clue what this says.

I felt the same way. I think I can translate

hnusz with grammar said:
I think I have a crack in the frame of my Star PD. I striped it down Monday after going to the range, and found a crack. I have had this gun for about 3 months. My lgs was closed on Monday, but I took it to him Tuesday morning, and he said he would see what he could do. He called me last night, and I brought this home. I paid about 750 for it, and I am going to try to shoot it before we go out of town Friday. I am unable to post pictures, but I will try later.

I don't know what this has to do with anything.
hunsz said:
I got a springfield armory 1911compact

psyfly

I'll take a shot: Sounds like the dealer took the PD in trade on a Springfield 1911 Compact for a total of $750 all in.

??

Could be.

W

hnusz

http://photobucket.comYes he put the price I paid for the star towards the springfield. I have 750 in the springfield. I have no photos of the crack but it was on the left side in the bottom of the cut out towards the pin in front of the grip if this makes any sense. photobucketI put in a Wilson combat buffer right after I got it. Only put 250 rounds through it.

Last edited:

hnusz

If you strip it down to just the frame. Lay it on the table with the hammer by your right hand. There is a square cut out with a cut out the top of the frame. In the lower right corner of the square hole there is a crack that runs towards the mag release.