Coyote Lite SS in WSM???...

joshua

I'm currently stationed overseas and don't have the luxury of browsing over new firearms in gunshops. Does anyone have any input in the new Winchester Coyote Lite Stainless? I'm mainly interested int he 325 or 300 wsm, but any input will be appreciated. josh

brianidaho

joshua, I am also looking for information on the same rifle. I looked at one over the weekend in 300WSM, I am looking at it for longer-range target shooting, and for elk hunting here in north Idaho-it's time to upgrade from my old M700 30-06 and the Coyote Lite looks very interesting. Here is the link to the web site:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=535&type_id=967&cat=001C

I like what I see-7 3/4 lbs, nice wide forend, dual front swivels, fluted barrel and B&C stock, thick recoil pad, looks and feels nice but I have never shot one.

Any feedback on this rifle is much appreciated-btt Joshua

Bri

joshua

brianinidaho, I've been hoping someone here has experience with one but so far no luck in a range report. I've been wanting to re-arrange my battery. I've haven't really seen any gun article on the Coyote Lite, but the way it looks with the components they used it looks promising. Funny I'm thinking of big game hunting with the rifle and seriously considering retiring in Utah. josh

joshua

brianidaho, Great link for the Coyote Lite and thank you very much. Utah seems like a great place to live. It's not Kalifornia and the folks over there are friendly. The mule dear population is not as good as in Idaho but I'm sure it would rebound up again. josh

Talking about WSM's are we? Well I don't know too much about the 300 and 325 WSM, but I have a 7mm WSM and I thought I should warn you guys that you may want to test fire a WSM before you decide to buy. They have a very unique recoil, and by unique I mean painful. The recoil on my 7mm WSM is about equal to a 300 rem.mag. the recoil on the 300WSM is probably about equal to that of the 338mag. So just my 2 cents, test fire one first. and don't shoot them too much, it cost a pretty penny to shoot factory ammo.

-Term

Chris W

That's a great looking rifle.

A sub-question on the recoil issue: wouldn't you expect a short-cased round like the WSM's to be capable of being downloaded with good results (i.e. accuracy)? I mean, a .300 WSM would be capable of doing everything from a 30-30 on up to the shoulder-rattling performance TV16 refers to, wouldn't it?

joshua

The recoil on my 7mm WSM is about equal to a 300 rem.mag. the recoil on the 300WSM is probably about equal to that of the 338mag.
TV16, thanks for the input. I haven't personnaly fired any of the WSM line but I've fired 7Rem Mag, 338 and 300 Win mags. If what you are saying is the case then all of the articles I've read about WSMs aren't exactly truth in what they claim the WSMs recoils less for any given velocity equaling a standard belted mag. I suppose I will just have to try one before commiting on a WSM. josh