Coyote hunting in MN, WI?

model70fan

Anyone out there know of anywhere to coyote hunt in minnesota/western wisconsin with rifles? I spend about half my time living in MN and would like to keep hunting and trapping in MN as well as montana, from what i've seen the critters in MN tend to have less of the mainge. Anywhere rifles are allowed would be appreciated. Thanks

Gbro

As long as you are not hunting Deer, you can use a rifle anywhere.
Yotes are everywhere the Wolf isn't.
That isn't the rule but Coyotes and Gray Wolf do not get along the best.
Where are you from?
Some decent yote hunting/shooting on old mine property's.

ELMOUSMC

Down here in north east iowa most everyone uses a rifle all makes and calibers.My personal favorite is a M/N model 44 in the cooper scout rifle configuration.I also use a model 40 savage in .22 hornet when I am in my Carlos Hathcock mind set(calling and snipeing)You should look into an out of state permit for Iowa we can use all the help we can get in cutting down the number of songdogs around this neck of the woods ELMO

OJ

I grew up as a cowboy in the Sandhills of Nebraska and my biggest goal in life was to rope a coyote.

It never happened.

Dunno what I would've done if I did rope one - we didn't carry firearms then.
Guess there's a God that looks after young cowboys.

The firearm I used on them was a Winchester 94 in .32 Winchester Special. Coyote hunting was encouraged in the 1930s - $2.00 bounty for every pair of ears turned in. Doesn't sound like much now but, in those depression days, it was good money.

Jackatage6WhitmanNE.jpg

This 1934 pic shows I was pretty good with rabbits, too.

:D