Couldn’t Resist Another One

mk70ss

Stopped by Bud’s Gun Shop today and they had this Ruger P-89 9mm . Box, papers, two mags, mag loader, and a holster for $300. It had to come home with me.

Skans

I've been wanting to add a good example of a p-89 to my collection. Nice find! These guns were built like tanks, were uniquely designed and and built by Ruger. I have no idea why they never seem to appreciate in price, but there are some good deals on them out there and they are fantastic examples of what Ruger can do.

Metric

Yeah, incredible deal.

Gun prices are weird, these days. Especially online. All the ones you'd think would be targets for "panic buying" (e.g. Glock) are available at a reasonable price. But God help you if you want something 30 years old, with a metal frame.

reynolds357

Stopped by Bud’s Gun Shop today and they had this Ruger P-89 9mm . Box, papers, two mags, mag loader, and a holster for $300. It had to come home with me.
When they were being made, I thought they were dog ugly because they looked antiquated compared to Glock. Then I became a CZ 75 fan. Now I think the Ruger is an interesting pistol and wish I had bought a couple. Nice find!

Pumpkin

Wow, uglier than a Glock;)
Great buy on an underrated gun.
Gun market is crazy these days, a 336 sells for more than a equal condition 700BDL:confused:
Go figure!

reynolds357

Wow, uglier than a Glock;)
Great buy on an underrated gun.
Gun market is crazy these days, a 336 sells for more than a equal condition 700BDL:confused:
Go figure!
Glock ugly? Now I agree with you. Then, I was young and thought that the block slide and plastic frame were the greatest thing ever. I still like Glock, but now purely as a tool.