cost of reloading for .270win

aushunter

Hi all, Im doing the sums on how much a single round of .270w will cost.
My question is on powder-
On an average powder load shooting a 130grn projectile, how many rounds could I produce from 2 kilograms of a any particular powder??
In other words how many grains of powder is it to a metric measure in grams??Is there a website I can look at some data?

Baryngyl

2 Kilo's = 4.4 pounds
X
7,000 Grains to the pound
= 30,800 Grains = lots and lots of 270w loads.

The exact number of loads you will get will depend on the powder used and how many grains each load takes.

Michael Grace

sserdlihc

If you average 53 gr per charge, then you will yield aprroximately 581 reloads. In this case, less is more and more is less.:D

Dr. Strangelove

Just for the sake of comparison, I end up at 45¢ -50¢ (US Dollars) per round for hunting ammo, using mid-grade bullets. (Hornady SST) I don't cost the cases, as I get many hundred once fired at the range every deer season.

My costs is .32 per round using H4831 and Nosler bullets, powder and the Nosler Solid Base SP projectiles were purchased approx 15 years ago, brass didn't cost me anything except a little exercise bending over. My advice to anyone purchasing components today is purchase what you can afford in large lots. William