Cor-Bon DPX 140gr 40S&W

mete

Haven't shot anything with it yet but it certainly should do the job from all I hear. Accurate, haven't heard of any funtioning problems.

timothy75

It got great reviews on another site and should do you fine. Shoot at least a box before you carry it though. Good Luck

GoSlash27

Well...that's the thing.
Every thread on every forum refers back to that forum and I'm just a little bit leery of Mr. Sanow.
The DPX looks like the cat's nuts but all the praise seems to be coming from the same sources.
I guess I'm just looking for a counter-argument before I hop on the bandwagon and stake my life on it.

BobK

People are quick to dismiss new guns and new ammo even when they don't know squat about them. Corbon is quickly gaining in popularity for several reasons. Accuracy, low flash, low recoil, 100% weight retention, penetration are a few. No, I don't believe in majic bullets but this stuff is outstanding. I carry it daily. However, I have carried many of the other self defense ammo brands and they were fine also. Corbon just works better for me. People come to this forum almost everyday and ask about self defense ammo. The most important thing is to find the ammo that works and performs the best in YOUR gun. Not my gun or his gun. Your gun. It's not a quick, easy, or cheap process. But it is one that must be done.

SemperKnight

Well put Bob. I don't use corbon cause it cost to darn much. Also I am dedicated to StarFire because I like the way it shoots from "MY" pistol and have used it to good affect aginst a dog attack and a deer stalking kill. My father on the other hand prefers HydraShock for reasons of his own. Like Bob said, You need find what feels right to you. Any opinion you get here is just that an opinion, and we all know what opinions have been compared to. But just in case ya don't. Opinions are like @$$ holes. Every body has one.

GoSlash27

Bob,
I'm not dismissing it, I'm seriously considering it. It is expensive tho' so before I go and plunk $200 down to run a function drill I'd like to know if anybody's experienced problems with it.

mete

That forum has a member from Corbon [ 'Team Corbon'] so there is a direct link.Also these bullets are not the same as you would buy direct from Barnes .They are tailored specifically to the cartridge and designed to achieve specific penetration and expansion for that cartridge ! If I can get a woodchuck , feral dog etc to show up I'll give you a report.

michael t

mete : Mike Shovel (team Corbon) is also a member on my board bersa talk and several other boards. He's Corbon sales manager Its his job.(He has not given me even one free bullet to test) That really has nothing to do with the DPX round. As for E. Marshall I not a fan of his books but he does jell test a lot of ammo. I take my information from him or any one else. that does test in proper manner. I haveDPX in my 45's at present. Cost a few bucks but worth it. I will be changing my 380 over as I can afford to test and replace the 90gr hp Corbon thats in them now.

BobK

Goslash27, understood. It can be an expensive process. But nobody said the process had to take place in a short time period. Over a period of a few years I progressed through many different ammo manufactures until I found Corbon. But one of my guns doesn't like Corbon at all so I use Win SXT which is also an outstanding round. This why I scoff at people who say that XZY brand is absolutely without a doubt the best. Maybe it is for them but not others. That's why I stress YOUR gun. As an example, a friends Kimber loves Speer Gold Dot. My Kimber won't feed Gold Dots worth a crap. I push Corbon in a lot of my posts because it excels in all areas of performance. I truly believe it is the best stuff going. But again, the best is only the best if it works for you in YOUR gun.:D