CopyCat plan foiled in San Antonio

Donny

Yep, a pair of copycats were caught in SA today trying to become famous. Seems wearing pricey shoes, and walking around looking like a billboard ain't cutting it anymore.

http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/5/18/63113

School Attack Plot Discovered
UPI
May 18, 2000
Police say an observant citizen and a curious officer thwarted an attempt by two 12-year-old boys to shoot up a San Antonio school Wednesday.
"San Antonio was blessed today," Police Chief Al Philippus told a hastily called news conference.

Police say a citizen reported seeing a youngster carrying what appeared to be a rifle in a canvas bag in a neighborhood on the west side of the city about 7:40 a.m. CDT Wednesday.

"Citizens informed officers that the youth had gone into a house in the 3000 block of Perez Street," Philippus said.

He said when the officer entered the house, one of the boys pointed a rifle at him. He convinced the boy to lay the rifle down, and he found a second boy in a bathroom with a semi-automatic pistol pointed at his own head. The officer also convinced that boy to put the gun down.

"We learned that the individuals had a plan to go to Irving Middle School," the chief said. "They wanted to shoot two other individuals at the school, then return to this house and kill themselves."

Philippus said the two suspects have been arrested. He said their two targets were classmates at the school, also 12 years old, who "they had had some problems with over the course of the semester."

"I want to stress that no shots were fired, nobody was hurt, they never reached the school grounds, and the situation is calm," Philippus said.

"We're very proud of the response, the information given to us by citizens who had the courage to call this information in. We're also proud of the officer who didn't simply make the call and leave the scene, but took the time to investigate and apprehend these two individuals."

Police said they have not determined what charges to file against the 12-year old suspects. Philippus said their two intended targets have been notified and are under police protection.

Philippus declined to say if any others might have been involved in the shooting plot.

"I talked to the principal of Irving Middle School, and he told me that the campus is calm, and although we are taking a few extra precautions, everything is routine," said Dave Johnson, chief of the San Antonio Independent School District Police.

Officers said they didn't know what sparked the bad blood between the students and their intended victims.

-- Copyright 2000 by United Press International. All rights reserved.

Congrats are in order for the LEO in SA for their handling of this, and especially the concerned citizen.

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.
Adolf Hitler

[This message has been edited by Donny (edited May 18, 2000).]

Donny

I dunno fubsy. Good question, I have relatives who live in the area, I'll contact them and ask if it's out on the local level.

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.
Adolf Hitler

riddleofsteel

and where are the freaking parents of these boys? no 12 year old should be at home alone much less armed!!!! this is the crap that feeds the media frenzy on anti gun stuff. the charges should be against the parents. the boys should go to therapy and then to someone that can teach them to respect themselves and weapons.

------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
Let he that hath no sword sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22-36
They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night. Song of Solomon 3-8
The man that can keep his head and aims carefully when the situation has gone bad and lead is flying usually wins the fight.