Cooper or Kimber

joshua

I've been looking at Cooper Arms Phoenix or Kimber 84 Montana. I like the Coopers and the way they advetise one hole 3 shot groups but they are pricey, but not as much as a bonafide smithed rifle. I'm interested in their 21 in 6.5-284. Now the Kimber 84 Montana is available in the new WSM and the way they advertise they claim accuracy and quality due to their hi tech machining. For the money which rifle would you pick. I want a rifle that will do .5 moa out of the box, reliable feeding, reliable extraction and just great top of the line quality. I'm leaning towards the Kimber due to funds, but if Kimber is just blowing smoke I'll save up until I can reach for a Cooper. Kimber and Cooper owners please chime in. josh

impact

I like Kimber guns. the Kimber is built on a mauser action and it's bound to be a good gun. But the Cooper is much better!

joshua

I can see that Cooper Arms rifles are top quality and worth every dollar spent. I wish they would go with a barrel longer than 26" or longer with their line chambered in 6.5-284, 22-250 and 22 Swift. It would just make more sense. I suppose custom ordering it will do the trick. josh

joshua

I can see that Cooper Arms rifles are top quality and worth every dollar spent. I wish they would go with a barrel longer than 26" or longer with their line chambered in 6.5-284, 22-250 and 22 Swift. It would just make more sense. I suppose custom ordering it will do the trick. josh

ColdZero

Cooper 6mmPPC

I bought a used Cooper in 6mm PPC with a Bushnell Elite 4200 and competition quality dies for $1,200 including shipping. The trigger is phenomenal and from a rest at 100 yards, the accuracy is almost boring. It's still light enough I'm having sling swivels put on and am going to take it varmint hunting.

johnbt

I like them so much I paid $1600 sight unseen for a new Cooper Custom Classic .22 rimfire to give my dad.

I looked at the Kimber Super Americas, and looked, and looked and just couldn't find a new one without a couple of bad flaws - mostly in the checkering.

John

P.S. - Ever read the post by the man who bought a used Cooper and it wouldn't shoot? They told him to send it back and they rebarreled it...for free.

arthurrh

One item to keep in mind is that the Cooper is a single shot compared to the Kimber. So if a follow-up shot is important, you may want the Kimber. Both rifles shoot extremely well.