coolest bolt action ever

Limeyfellow

Tristar no longer are making them though. They had a problem with one of the boilers or some such they made rupturing and that caused them to shred alot of stuff to pay the suit on it.

I love the Enfield action and the m10a2 was a nice rifle that I may have eventually picked up one. The No4mk4 they had was rather nice too with a nice rail system built onto the reciever of a brand new fabricated no4 enfield in .308 winchester, but not worth the sheer amount of cash they were asking for it. I could get an Ishapore 2a1 or some other Enfield in .308 for over a grand cheaper.

Webleymkv

That is cool. I particularly like the .308 M42. Kind of a cross between an Ishapore and a No. 5 Jungle carbine. The 7.62x39 M10 also looks very handy.

BlueTrain

There was another outfit located somewhere in Eastern West Virginia, probably Martinsburg, that also made some variations on Lee-Enfields, both in .303 and 7.62. There was a "tanker" variation, a Jungle Carbine replica (which didn't have the adjustable sights, just the battle sights) and a couple of other variations. I had one of the Jungle Carbine replicas and also had an original Jungle Carbine. The finish was pretty good on their products but some of the their things took getting used to, but I've never cared for the Ishipore variation anyway. Anyway, there was a .45-70 carbine but I never saw one. I think I saw most of the others. The Tristar rifles look better, at least in the illustrations.

But they are either no longer in business or just don't make the Lee-Enfield variations. It might be that the supply of original Lee-Enfields dried up.

OK, this just in. It was the Gibbs Rifle Company but they have evidently gone away. However, the practice of offering modified Lee-Enfields, usually sporterized, goes back to as far as WWI, and such things were also done to Mausers, Krags, Mosin-Nagants, and even Lebels. The pre-war Shooter's Bible devoted a few pages to sporterized military rifles. The current thing of creating what are basically different military models is something new, however, and is more like producing experimental rifles.

Deadman

Tristar no longer are making them though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tristar where simply importing the rifles where they not? From what I've heard the Australian AIA company designed the rifles and had them manufactured in India or Vietnam.

I maintain that the Lee Enfield action is amongst the fastest and strongest out there; it is fantastic to see someone re-launching it in a modern package.

Tom2

Some agreement

Noted the reply above, I assume that the poor bloke can no longer even own an SMLE in the place it was created. I am quite pleased with my surplus '43vintage N0.4 that is in super condx. Lots of cheap Enfields and accesories available in US, varying from sad oily beaters to pristine museum grade. Only bolt actions that are more numerous and less expensive are the flood of Russian Nagants that are nice, but not quite in the same league as SMLE. Just that the Russian ammo is alot cheaper and more available too. However, ten beats 5 anyday!