Convinced

dodge

Okay now that I'm convinced that I need a AR to round out my collection which one do I buy? If I buy a carbine I would prefer a true 16" barrel not the 14 1/2" with extra flash suppressor, 20" or a 24" barrel? Prices range from $850's to $1024. I believe that the 14 1/2" barrel on the Bushmaster's would lose enough velocity that it would harm the preformance of the cartridge. I read a story a while back about going to one of the shooting schools and people with that length of barrel was having problems knocking down the steel poopers. I welcome any suggestions.

Puppy

What works best for me might not work best for you, it really boils down to a matter of personal preference.

I prefer a 20" plain-Jane standard A2 service rifle, someone else might prefer a folding stock, short barreled carbine with lots of gizmos and gadgets attached.

Chris Phelps

What works best for me might not work best for you, it really boils down to a matter of personal preference.

I prefer a 20" plain-Jane standard A2 service rifle, someone else might prefer a folding stock, short barreled carbine with lots of gizmos and gadgets attached.

And I prefer the Bushmaster Superlight... 16" Barrel, A2 flash hider, 6 Position Collapsible stock, and one of the lightest ARs made.

It definitly comes right down to prefrence, though.