converting glock 22 to 357 sig?

Gunaholic

I know the factory doesn't recommend this but is it safe to convert a Glock 22 to 357 sig by just switching the barrel? Should the recoil spring be changed as well? Have any of you done this? Who makes the best barrels for Glocks? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Bob C

There are three different "generations" of Glock 22's. The latest one is the one I had, and with a heavier recoil spring and a BarSto barrel it worked great. The .357 option was more accurate, a bit less recoil, and was 100% reliable.

Cheapo

I've heard of only two variations on the G-22, the difference being in the length of the (front? back?) embedded slide rails.

What are the differences? Other than a possiblity of wearing out faster, is there any real disadvantage of shooting .357 SIG in an early-model G-22?

skevlar

FWIW, Glock, Inc. has said you can R/R their G22 bbl. with their G31 .357S bbl. but it should only be done in the "newest" offering {the finger groove/rail generation}. Has to do with the rails in the frame being different, especially the forward most rails. This can probably be taken as a Policy/Legal stance also.