Converted 6.5 grendel cases test

hounddawg

I am happy to report the converted 6.5 Grendel cases all fed and cycled fine in the new 6 ARC build. After firing the cases measured 1.191 base to ogive so it looks like a sized case of 1.188 to 1.889 is perfect.

I loaded 40 rounds with Federal AR match primers, 107 Nosler CC's and Leverevolution. I started at 25.5 gns and went up to 27.6 and to 2.250 COAL. Best group was the 25.5 group at just a hair over .5 MOA at 100 yards. My personal best for a gas gun. Probably just a fluke, more testing is obviously needed since a single 5 shot group is meaningless. The rest of the test groups averaged about 1.5 MOA. This is a $200 barrel, not a White Oak or a Shilen so anything below 1 MOA would be great.

I was not chronoing since this was just to test feeding but Quick Load predicts 2275 FPS. Not a drag race winner but it holds supersonic out to 800 and if it can hold .5 MOA I really don't care.I only have a pound and a half of this powder and would like to use the rifle in the NRA mid range tactical class so after I check the 27.5 load to see if it is consistent. If it can maintain .5 to .75 MOA I will hoard the Leverevolution and 107's for matches and try some other powder/bullet combos.

So far I like the 6 ARC, very little recoil and low powder usage, it's a fun rifle to shoot. The Brownells barrel was inexpensive and you can't really cannot go wrong with their lifetime return policy.

rmantoo

I stumbled onto 6.5 Grendel 2 years ago and absolutely fell in love with it's ballistics and reloading it. I got into the Grendel because I bought 4k of 130g noslers that my Creedmoor didn't like them... the Grendel upper was $200 on Gunbroker, and came complete w/bcg, w/a stainless barrel, nice free float hand guard...

So... 2 months ago I bought a RPR in 6mmCreedmoor... and a 6mm AR15 would be comPLETELY symmetrical.

Can you run 7.62x39 cases?