Conversion Barrels

Kurt+P+

Here's my Glock 22 with a Storm Lake .357 sig barrel stuck inside. I shot 150 rounds last night. Flawless performance. I think it looks kind of pretty too. LoL. Anyone else want to show off their conversions? Let's see'em.

Last edited:
I just bought a used G-22 last week with the intention of getting a conversion barrel to 9mm. I know the conversion from .40 to .357 is less of a change than .40 to 9. Have you had any problems with the fit? I keep hearing about reliablity issues with non-Glock barrels because the chamber is tighter.

Kurt+P+

I had no fit problems what so ever. I recieved the barrel in the mail last night, opened up the box and slid it right into the slide. It clicked into place like it was made for it. Actually, it was made for it. LoL. A 22 model that is. I also have a 9mm barrel on the way. From what I've read and heard Glock model 22 has no problem converting to any one of the 3 calibers. You just need the right barrel. No need to change the spring although I did install a stainless steel guide rod to replace the plastic one that came with it. It sounds a lot better now. The plasic one made kind of a sqeaky noise.

LanceOregon

Storm Lake Barrels are great! Mine is not a conversion model, though. I have a 9mm extended barrel in my Glock 17 now. Here are some photos of it:

211jxhc.jpg

in7hiu.jpg

mu98gg.jpg

x6efj7.jpg

Last edited:

platform

in my experience
glock 23 coverted with loneWolf ported barrel to 9mm
shoots low
(that is sights have to be adjusted as it appears 9mm shoots lower than .40 for those sights)

on the other hand
Sig pro 2022 in .40 converted to 9mm with
EFK firedragon ported conversion barrel shoots
the same...

I think the barrels 3 inch or below reduce the speed
of 9mm enough to have it shoot a bit lower than a .40
... but that's just my guess

so on G22 or Bereta 96 or Sigpro 2022
converting from .40 to 9 should keep the same
sight allighment.