contender won't fire

onlybrowning

So my contender that I just bought was working fine, and now it isn't. It opens and cocks fine, bu the trigger just moves back like it should fire, but the hammer doesn't drop and the trigger doesn't return either. I am really perplexed. Please help.:confused:

Scorch

Sounds like you are not completely closing the action. Try snapping it closed very firmly, using one hand on the barrel and slamming it shut.

onlybrowning

I just tried it. Didn't work. The trigger clicks back like it should have fired, but the hammer doesn't drop and the trigger stays in the back (against the guard) position.

clown714

have you tried backing the trigger stop "out" or "in".

happened to me once.

then added a drop of threadlok,was good to go.

clown

ibfestus

TC has outstanding customer service

Had a .44/410 once that lost its handguard because the dovetailed insert the hanguard screw went into was loose. I took it to the local gun shop and the guy told me it was an easy fix and would not cost much at all for him to fix it. The fool tried to silver solder it in place and not only did it not hold, the heat ruined the finish. I sent it to TC and they replaced the entire barrel and handguard at no charge! :D

onlybrowning

Clown, you got it. The trigger spring was in too far. I loosened it some, and it works perfectly. Now the trigger has a little creep though. Oh well. Thanks a bunch guys!