Constitution Day ...A lament

Menos

Yesterday was Constution Day....To think of what our forefathers gave up for us...not just the signers of the Declaration of Independance or the Constitution, but for all the men and their families of all the wars we fought for the cause of Freedom, when in fact all have died in vain , for the money mongers and their progeny.

What is it in the weakness of mankind , that so many are so easily misled by so few? Why must always a few daring souls save the day for the multitudes who little care of their existance, or care only for what they may do to enrich themselves, and for those who would knowingly sit on the sidelines waiting to begin 'business as usual' after the uproar has settled.

"If we wish to be free; if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending; if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained---we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms, and to the God of hosts, is all that is left us....It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. The gentlemen may cry, Peace, peace! But there is no peace. The war has actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Patrick Henry, Delegate of Virginia March 20, 1775

------------------
What part of "INFRINGED" don't they understand?