Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Glock 36

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Colt Defender

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

TenmaNeko

Well I'm looking into getting a carry .45

Probably an IWB carry. I don't know about Smart Carry, since, uh, I've built quite a shed over my tool (if you know what I mean).

Anyway, I'm looking for some thoughts and opinions.

I'm also looking into a pocket gun, but I'm already pretty sold on the Ruger LCP.

DoctorXring

Kahr P45 would be my choice for a concealed 45 ACP.

I carry a P40 and a PM40 in a smart carry clone holster.
I've got some shed. No problems. Good rig for me.
I'm sure two P45's would work just as well.

SC-2PM40s.jpg

SC-UCPM402.jpg

PMRigWeight.jpg

rsxr22

I voted for the Sig 220. I was very attracted to the Kahr's when i went looking for a ccw gun, and i bought a pm40. It was not reliable even after break in and one thing that i realized after owning it for awhile was that. Even though i would like a thin, small pistol-i did not want to sacrifice grip on my draw and accuracy. I've shot a few kahr 9's and they were easier to control and more comfortable to shoot. If you consider the kahr, dont overlook the walther pps. My GF has one in 9mm and it is thinner than a kahr and has more frame which is easier to get a better grip on..

The reason i voted for the sig is mainly for the reasons which i stated above. I found that a Compact not subcompact was the best size pistol for me for multiple reasons. Capactiy is higher, better grip, longer sight radius which equals out to better accuracy and it is also a gun you could double as a range gun. With most subcompacts youll find that there not very comfortable to shoot for long periods of time at the range. I had a G36 and i couldnt shoot more than 50 rounds at the range at one time

ReNtaPiG

The G36 is a FINE choice BUT a G27 would be a little more practical and less expensive on range days.

OR you can just do what I did and opt not for the G27 but the S&W M&P40c :D

Kreyzhorse

Can't comment on the other carry options, but as a pocket gun, the LCP is a great choice. Mine was a pre-recall model, but it's been 100% reliable both pre and post recall and makes a great pocket gun.

Now if I could just find some ammo to shoot it a bit more often.....

David the Gnome

Most of the guns you have selected I consider a little too big for comfortable concealed carry and the Glock 36, while compact enough, is the only Glock I don't like. My choice would be the Colt Defender given only the above options.

fatboy02

I voted Colt Defender because that is what I carry but as always get out and handle as many as you can and get the one that feels right to you. If you like the 1911 platform I think you can not go wrong with the Defender.

sholling

The Sig C3 is the best choice. It's 4" barrel is no harder to conceal than a 3" Ultra Carry or Defender yet gives much high velocities. And the 45acp is a proven stopper.

ECHOONE

I picked the Sig,excellent gun,but is a tossup between that and the 1911 of my choice for concealed carry, A full size 1911! I personally feel giving up an inch or two isnt worth the accuracy nor reliability you give up. those 2 inches arent hard to conceal ,actually has nothing to do with concealing if anything it will hamper the draw by a mere fractions of second and I doubt many really even know how fast there draw even is! Give me a Government 1911 any day over a compact or 4 inch call me an old timer but that"s my personal opinion!

Out of those choices, the easiest to carry and conceal would be the Colt and the Kimber. I went with the Colt over the Kimber because of my own personal preference for the Colt brand.

TenmaNeko

Well, it looks like this weekend I'll be able to shoot a Kimber Ultra and a full size Sig P220. That should help me make a decision, and I'll post my impressions.

azredhawk44

Another vote for the Colt Defender above all other options.

Bad experience with Sig 1911's as well as customer service. Simply cannot recommend them after this.

If it's gonna be as small as possible to be carried, then you don't want double stack. XD compact is out.

G36 grip is too narrow.

That leaves the Kimber and the Colt. Never really "got" Kimber. I've held and shot them, just been unimpressed.

Go Colt.

BigJimP

Of the guns you've listed, I would probably go with the Sig C3 - although its not my favorite 1911.

I've had too many issues with Kimber and Colt's 1911's over the years...

My personal carry choice is a Wilson Combat CQB 5" chambered in .45 acp.

Last edited: