Conical use in 36 BP

okiefarmer

Looking for conical for 36 BP Remi 58. I have come across a very nice Lyman, it is number 375083 or 37583, a little 145 grainer. The LEE BP mould is 130. This extra 15 grains shouldn't be too much for it should it? Two grease rings also, but it seems a little longer in OAL than the LEE projo. I believe this mould was made for the BP shooter, just want to hear someone else verify that.

TIA,
Okie out

Raider2000

From looking at it, I think it would be a bit hard to load in the C&B Revolvers because it doesn't have a slightly lesser base to accomodate straight loading, also I think it was actually intended for .38 caliber rifles due to it's profile.

It may work for you but then again I'm not sure, what are you going to use it for?

okiefarmer

Intended for the 58 Remi in 36 referenced in first post above. I do shoot the 45 conical by LEE in my Ruger Old Army, and I know what you are talking about, re:, the smaller base ring to assist in guiding projo straight into the cylinder. After going back and reading the details on the auction, it did mention that it was for the BP pistols. However, I do not know if other maker's moulds are like LEE's with respect to the smaller lower band. I do like that.

Dunno if'n we can link to the evil fleabay site, but it does offer the biggest variety of moulds of any of the auction sites. Below is the link, it has already sold. Gent was using it in a 38-55, but referenced the BP in the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180315950178

Last edited: