Confused on Grading

ExMP

Hey All,

I was snooping on Gunbroker, trying to get a value on my Bulgarian Makarov. Wow, does my head hurt.

I saw weapons that looked like roadkill that people were trying to get $250 or more out of. Other sellers had "Very Good" or "Excellent" marked on condition, and they still looked like they were drop-tested in a rock quarry.

I've had mine for almost 10 years. I've put exactly 100 rounds through it (had a patch where I could not shoot at all) and it looks wonderful. I bought it new in the grease and have kept it in great shape. The only marking that wasn't factory is a "P W Arms" importer logo on the lower frame.

The bluing is perfect and the mags are in great shape. The lines are smooth and there are no nicks in the slide. The barrel has no slide travel stripes on it. The only mark that could be considered wear is the path that the safety has made when being engaged. The only grip I have for it is the standard Red Star set.

Ok, now I know I'm being nuts, but, by their valuations, my pistol would be worth $600. Yes, I know, nuts. I can post pictures, but, given my description, what do y'all think? What would you pay for a Mak like that?

Thanks!

Yahtzee4U

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info...-holster-very-good-condition/products_id/4118

Here is a link to JG Sales, A large internet retailer, who's storefront is in my local town. They deal in large part in army surplus items, and I have found them to be very consistent in their pricing, and in general slightly lower than the competition. If you look at the gun they have for sale it does appear to be in quite good condition as they say, and they want $229.00 bucks. SO maybe yours is worth $300.00?