Confessions from an ex-Glock Fanatic

9x19

To each as they desire...

I STILL think the Glock Design, especially the 9mms, is Perfection!

So, I guess the "confession" is that you just can't get them compeltely out of your system? :D

GIT_SOME.45

I have a G33, and like any other firearm I own, it has its place.

All WELL MADE firearms are TOOLS, that like owners of CRAFTSMAN / SNAP-ON / DEWALT / SKIL, and others, it is more of a "PREFERENCE" issue.

JMHO,

Howard

[Edited by GIT_SOME.45 on 02-09-2001 at 06:09 AM]

krept

Glocks are fantastic pistols, in fact, they are among the best of the models that do not have an exposed hammer. I love all the attributes associated with Glocks, but I do prefer HK.

HK all the way, baby!

Tom B

I like Glocks but I have settled into only 2 models. The G19 and the G17. I will probably own no other models but have owned most in the past. I had the same experience as you with several G23s. I quess I am one of the few people that like the Glock trigger and to me that is one of the best selling points. If I could keep only one of my pistols it would be my second gen G19. No they are not as accurate as my BHP or CZ75B but they "get by".

JMack

QS,

What exactly happened 6 months ago that made you "see the light" could you give us a little more info on that? Did something horrible happen that you felt the need to sell all those Glocks? I am not a fanatic but I guarentee I would regret that as I do whenever I sell any gun of mine.

I don think that "Glock Fanatics" think that they are a super pistol with no flaws, I have seen you on GT and if you frequent there you would know most of the people there are pretty up front with the good and the bad, there might be a few that think that the Glock is perfect but that hardly speaks for the majority, those are mostly people that just got a Glock for their first gun and they get consumed by their excitement. When you think bout it Glock is defineately on the top end of modern day pistols, they are among the best but not perfect. As you said they have far more pro's than con's.

Nobody is going to scorch you because the Glock is not for you, its a shame you had to buy all those guns before you realised it but what are you gonna do right?

Good luck and let us know what new guns you pick up in place of the Glocks.

Jason

WoundChannel

BLASPHEMY!!! May Gaston forgive you. Kneel before Glock and beg for his forgiveness, ye of little faith or be smitten. May the wrath of Glock come down upon you.

buzz_knox

Apostate! Ye shall pay for your heresy!

Yea, verily. We shall go forth in the name of Gaston, and we shall smite the heathens mightily. The followers of Colt shall suffer, so to with the followers of Ruger the Most Foul. Even to the followers of the twin children of perdition, Smith and Wesson, shall we carry out the most holy justice of Gaston. Their bodies shall be rent and torn and the streets will be filled with the blood and the viscera of the unbelievers. Their lamentations will fall upon deaf ears. Mercy shall not be shown to any who do not worship at the altar of Gaston, who do not make sacrifices of copper, and poweder, and brass to his name.

Seyla.

houndawg

Get an HS 2000. Better grip angle, better balance, more ergonomic grip, shorter trigger reach, better sights, better stock barrel, accurate, and a whole lot cheaper. It is everything the Glock was meant to be and then some.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Am I the only one...

...who gets a good chuckle when someone recommends a pistol to someone else thusly:
"You'll love the CZHKGlock, because its grip is so much more ergonomic and comfortable and it points so much more naturally than that ColtRugerBrowning".

Like all of us have identical hands and wrists and arms... ;)

Will Beararms

Quantam:

I sincerely advise that you take a break from shooting and all firearms boards. Don't be afraid to get counseling. We are here to help you. ;)

JonJon

I still love Glocks even though...

I recently purchased an HK USP45. My first pistol was a G21 and it does have incredible accuracy. I learned how to shoot with it and still have it. Then I got a G17 and couldn't be happier. IMO the only thing Glock should improve upon are the sights and magazines. Plastic sights have no business on a combat pistol and getting 10rds into those G21 mags can be a bear. With all that being said, I now prefer my USP45 over my Glocks :)

JJCook

QS....

You made a fine decision. We're all happy that your recent bout with glockism has been cured....hopefully forever!! I pray for a full recovery-

Semper Fi-
JJC

Will Beararms

Let's get to the root of the real problem: Martital difficulties, Financial setbacks, bad golf handicap, Mid life crisis?

Quantam, we are here to help. ;)

JMack

Tamara,

You are one chracter, seriously, you had me chuckiling out loud with that one......LOL

Talk about quick witted.

Jason