Concealed Permits from other states

Smith66

Can anyone direct me to a thread dealing with legality/how to of getting a concealed carry permit from a state I don't live in? And to the Staff, I'm not sure if this thread goes in T&T so feel free to move it if you want to.

Thanks a bunch for any help

CrazyIvan007

First, you generally can not get a CCW permit from any county other than the one you live in. There are reciprocity for most state-to-states. If you are planning on moving somewhere in particular, that is another story. But, you will have to have your drivers license/State ID switched over to your new address before you are eligible. For most states, you will also need a CCW class certificate provided by a company/instructor approved by that state. Some states don't require this, however.

Go to www.Google.com and type in your county and type in CCW Permit or something similar. Me, for example, I type in: "Arapahoe County CCW Permit" and it takes me right to it. You may also want to try looking on your state/county websites.

Tanzer

You can apply for non-resident permits in many other states IF you have a permit in your home state. I have three non-res permits. Usually, they want to be sure your home state requirements are as "stiff" as theirs. That was easy for me, 'cuz my home state is RI.
Start at the Attorney Generals office. They may refer you to State Police, Dept of Public Safety, etc. Reciprocity is another deal.

Jermtheory

im pretty lucky(now at least) because all of the states i travel to/through now have Reciprocity with VA(home state).