Concealed carry and the rain

critter44

I have been carrying for a while now and having found the gun, the holster and proper cover clothing, I find that concealment is easier than I had thought at first. I can carry with a very lightweight covering garment without 'flashing'. However, I wonder how some of you might handle being caught in a sudden downpour? Cover garments can become much more 'see through' and also much more 'clingy' and then your firearm might just be quite visible.

Any experience or comments on how to handle the situation are welcome.

KPS

I usually wear dark cover garments so it isn't an issue.If I suspect rain in the forcast than I'll wear a jacket of some sort.

David Scott

Two words:

Denim.

Leather.

I wear either a denim vest or a leather jacket as CCW cover most of the time, neither becomes "see-thru" when wet.

C.R.Sam

Gets to be a problem in places that have daily rain and high temperatures. Hawaii n other tropical places.

Sam

KSFreeman

See, don'tshootit'sme, other people wear snazzy vests too!

Maybe wear another jacket? I wear fashionable linen suits during the summer. For some reason it can get humid high among the banks of the raging Wabash, I wear my pistols IWB and have never had the problem with clingy jackets.

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
Very light weight Gore Tex windbreaker.

Nobody's ever questioned (if it ever did print) & if they did, I'll tell 'em it's a cell phone & mind their own business.