concealed 9

Quentin2

The Shield is excellent and so are the Kahr CM9 and Ruger LC9S. And there are other fine single stack 9mm choices, try to handle them all before choosing.

Myself, I prefer the LC9s Pro, which doesn't have a thumb safety or magazine disconnect (unlike the standard LC9s which does).

If you like Glock try to find a G43 to handle. I haven't seen one yet and they'll be snatched up quick since demand is high.

jmhyer

Shield
LC9s Pro
PPS
XDs
G43

Go with whichever one feels best in your hand. Even better if you can shoot an example first.

Last edited:

DaleA

Just a note on the Rugers: There is the LC9, the LC9s and the LC9s Pro and they've got different features:

LC9-hammer fired, with manual safety and magazine disconnect.

LC9s-striker fired (way different trigger pull) than LC9. manual safety and magazine disconnect.

LC9s Pro-striker fired without manual safety and without magazine disconnect.

Generally I've heard people really like the LC9s and the LC9s Pro much better than the LC9. I think that's why there are so many deals on the LC9...dealers getting rid of them.

Palmetto State Armory is selling the LC9 for $260 as an 'Easter Deal'.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ruger-lc9-flat-dark-earth-3229.html

ritepath

Easy answer......Shield. Shoots like a much larger gun, comfortable to shoot even with the thin grip, dead solid reliable. All at a great price...

rt11002003

I really like the Kimber Solo. Deadly accurate, less recoil than my .380's and has a great trigger. Down sides, expensive to buy and the company warns you to use premium HP ammo. Mine will handle normal 115 gr. RN ammo for a few shots, then hangs up. Some of the folks run the 115 gr. RN ammo without any problems. I understand those guns are well broken in. Mine has fired less than 300 rounds.

coyotewsm

I don't own a 9 but it will be my next one soon as I can get the money. I'm going to give another vote for the shield because that's probably what I'm going to buy. I have held it and I like the fact that though its compact I can still get 3 fingers on the grip. The other thing I like is how thin it is compared to some of the other compacts which translates into easier to conceal if your buying it for that purpose. I just looked at the lc9 on rugers website it is actually thinner than the shield but I have shot one before and could only get 2 fingers on it.

I am with what some other people said though. If you can hold them it would be better to see what fits good in you hand. Good luck.

Cheapshooter

Lots of choices, and most of them very good.
The deciding factor is you!
What type of firing system so you prefer? Hammer or striker?
With a hammer, single action, or double action?
All metal, or polymer frame?
At this point do you have any preferences as to the above choices?