Conceal Cary 4" .357

BikerRN

I carry a 4" N-Frame .45acp when not working, or carrying on my creds.

The way I do it is, IWB and a one size larger T-Shirt, dark in color. I use a High Ride Holster. To help with concealment, when I buy a holster I also buy a belt from the same maker so that they fit together properly. I don't buy cheap leather, but rather, buy from custom makers. I also wear my jeans 1"-2" larger in the waist, "Relaxed Fit". This helps with the "comfortable" look.

I hope this helps.

Biker

NCHornet

I have carried my 4" 686 and 629 with no problems at all. They are not my daily carry gun, bit now and then I like to get the wheel guns out of the safe and carry them. I use a good high rise pancake holster for all my carry guns. Mode of dress is the most important thing to consider, and NO, I don't own one Hawian shirt!!

omegapd

I've been carrying my 3 inch model 65 lately with a ClipDraw. It works great and I'd bet a 4 inch barrel would be even easier to help stabilize it better.

ccw048.jpg

I've also used this holster:

GUN060.jpg

It's a Desantis IWB. It carries okay but the belt flap prints pretty bad under just a T-shirt. I found it on Ebay for 15 bucks.

EW

Last edited:

leopard1

I carry an ancient 4" Security Six or DA-only Police Service Six in an 'inexpensive' Uncle Mikes nylon pancake holster, on an even more 'inexpensive' Raines nylon web belt I picked up in the PX, under an XL polo shirt. It is the most comfortable and secure method I've ever discovered, and uses ridiculously cheap materials as a system. All of my expensive leather holsters stay in Tupperware Purgatory in hot weather. In the South, sweat can quickly destroy expensive leather.

treg

I too have been succesful with an inexpensive Uncle Mike's / Gunmate pancake holster. Grip size and shape are also important.

Webleymkv

In cold weather I can conceal this
BuffaloSabresGame67.jpg

I have had the best luck with the Kramer holster in the pic. I lucked out and found it for six bucks in the used holster bin at one of the local shops. The gun is a S&W M28-2.

tex45acp

I carry my Ruger Redhawk that I shortened to 4" from time to time with a long Hawiian print shirt and shorts, especially if traveling in a forrest or in the woods. Here's my Desantis OWB for that gun. It is for an N frame smith but fits my Ruger like it was made for it.

NewHolster1s.jpg

Inchhigh

hoffner design

I tried that design by Hoffner's and folks, IMHO, it looks better in the pic than it performed. Not comfortable at all, I sent it back!

RsqVet

You could try a 3-4 inch smith model 60 or a ruger Sp101, it's a 5 shot gun but tucks in well and with that length barrel they shoot very well.

Doug.38PR

I carry a 4 inch Colt Official Police .38 Special (same size service revolver) in warm weather. I put on a light thin sport coat with a hip holster at 3 or 4 o clock or a shoulder holster.

Actually, This past Friday, I even wore my bulkier Python .357 magnum in the hip holster too under my white sport coat.

john in jax

I have a DeSantis pancake holster that keeps my 4" GP100 high and tight to my boddy so I can conceal it under a t-shirt a size or two larger than I normally wear.

A heavy duty, 1.5" or 1.75" wide belt plus a GOOD pancake or paddle holster makes all the difference in the world.