Comparable to SA Loaded 1911

BarryLee

I have been looking at the Springfield Amory Loaded model 1911. I am interested in the standard size with all steel frame and low profile Novak style sights. The gun will be used primarily for personal/home defense and of course range time. If I can track one down they seem to run in the $850 - $900 range. So, what other comparable models/brands should I be looking at?

sigcurious

I think, as far as the features mentioned, both Sig and Kimber also have models at similar price points to the SA Loaded.

MrIzhevsk

The magnum Research 1911 also has the same features for around the same price, Although I do hate the billboard etched into the slide :(

WVsig

I would go onto to Buds or other online sights and find yourself a good transfer dealer.

Between Buds or CDNN you should be able to get one for well under $800 OTD including shipping and transfer.

That deal at Buds would get me out the door for $725.

Technosavant

There's no shortage of similar guns. Colt XSE, Kimber (I think it's the Custom), most of the Sig and S&W product lines, STI, etc. On the low end of the market is the RIA Tactical, but the SA is nicer (and IMO, worth the money).

I'm not sure you'll actually find a SA Loaded for the mid-$800s in a local shop. Bud's is probably the best deal you're likely to find.

Kreyzhorse

While I am a huge Springfield fan, you really can't go wrong with Colt, Smith & Wesson or Ruger.

I would still suggest going with Springfield but I'm biased.