Company test for Customer Service.

edteach

I took the time to do a test to see what companys had the best customer service. I used the same problem with all the companys involved, Walther, S&W,Taurus, Glock, Bersa,Beretta, Colt,Ruger,Khar.
Walther, S&W, Glock, bersa, Beretta and Taurus all went beyond and above to make the complaint right. Colt, Ruger and Khar all gave me a thats your problem attitude and made no offer to make the complaint right. Out of the ones that worked to make a customer satisfied, Beretta and S&W were the best. They offered to do what ever it took to make the problem resolved. Colt's, Ruger and Kahr had attitudes that were very poor. I called and talked to three different service people to make sure I was not just getting someone with a bad attitude. On the other manufactures I only had to call once and it was taken care of. Colt, Ruger and Kahr had three calls each non of which ended in any resoloution to the problem. It was a Sorry we could not help. I was a bit supprised at Ruger, they had a reputation that was very good in the past. Maybe now that the gun craze is slowing a bit and orders are dropping, they will come back into line. This is not an end all but a general comparitive of customer service.

2cooltoolz

May I ask what your reported problem was?

Agreed. I realize it was all hypothetical, but, a little more background would make this a much more interesting and informative read. What was the back story? Were "they" new guns you had just bought? Was it a problem that would reasonably happen? Were you asking for warranty or out of warranty work? Were you calling with specific model #s and acting like you wanted to send it in today? Or were you just calling with "what if" scenarios?

I think it's a really interesting idea, and worthwhile research, but I'm interested in your method. Thanks!

8shot357

Yeah, I'd say this is a very vague report. Almost not believable. I had great service from Ruger just recently. Called on a Wed. UPS was at my door Fri.

Gun came back in about 3 week's, about a week sooner than they said it would be back.

NWCP

Kahr has always been more than helpful when I've had a need, or a question. Fortunately my pistol hasn't required a repair, but with the customer service I've had to date I'd assume it would be taken care of promptly as well.

hdawson228

NWCP From what I've read on these boards, when folks have had a problem with their Kahr, the turn around time has been 5 to 8 days. Could anyone realistically ask/expect better? Like you, I've had zero problems and I'm not about to call anyone with hypothetical problems to waste someone's time. That just seems stupid and someone has way too much time on their hands.:cool:

Kreyzhorse

Way too vague and without knowing your methods its hard to put any real merit to your survey.

What was the reported issue?

What model gun for each maker was reported as having a problem?

High end gun for one maker, low end gun for the next?

What was deemed good customer service?

What was deemed poor customer service?

johnbt

Let's start at the beginning please. Did you have real problems or were you just bothering people who had real work to do for real customers?

Upon rereading your post, I see you were just wasting their time with BS.

"I used the same problem with all the companys involved, Walther, S&W,Taurus, Glock, Bersa,Beretta, Colt,Ruger,Khar."

It's no wonder the phone lines stay tied up if people are doing dumb stuff like this.

John

whippoorwill

That just seems stupid and someone has way too much time on their hands.

You mean like someone who has over 1000 posts on this forum? :) Just teasing!

Upon rereading your post, I see you were just wasting their time with BS.

Sounds as if some folks are simply upset because their favorite manufacturer received a bad report!

It's no wonder the phone lines stay tied up if people are doing dumb stuff like this.

I doubt many persons are doing this. If the lines are tied up, it's probably due to actual problems being reported OR gun enthusiasts like many of us checking on minutia that really don't need to be checked on in the first place.

Seriously, this wasn't a bad idea. As others have said, it would be more informative with added details. Can't help but think that if his report had flamed Taurus, most would be praising his initiative and insight. :rolleyes:

WESHOOT2

jerking us all off?

When not jerking folks off with an imaginary problem, I've gotten stellar service from EVERY gun-industry company I've EVER dealt with. Including Ruger.

EXCEPT EAA, but that was 1994, and I very recently had stellar above-and-beyond NON-warranty service from them.

DrBundy

Companies and consumer groups spend mega bucks doing extensive surveys of customer service in various industries. Don't believe me? Get your oil changed at a car dealership 1 time and see how many follow-up calls and emails you get. Anyway, even with these expensive and thorough professional surveys, there is a significant margin of error. To the OP, I echo all of the above. Your survey is not controlled enough to be statistically valid. It relies far too much on opinion (subjective) and far too little on facts (objective). "A" for effort, but in the end all you did was tie up some employee's time for nothing.

~A

LockedBreech

I feel like the OP may be getting the third degree for a fairly minor offense...I didn't mean to suggest that I disapproved of the idea, just the methodology by which you accomplished it. Monitoring customer service is laudable. We spend a lot of money with these companies, and it's fair to expect superb service in return. It's simply too large of a job for one person to do without legitimate complaints. I would suggest, perhaps, a meta-analysis of anecdotal reports posted on various internet forums, to get a large sample of ratings for each major manufacturer rated (e.g. 100 opinions each for Beretta, Colt, Ruget, etc., categorized as Positive, Negative, and Neutral). Even that would have a large margin for error, but for a real test you need controls and a good sample size.

Again, I very much appreciate your attempt to let your fellow shooters know about customer service among popular brands.

8shot357

OP

edteach

Company test for Customer Service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the time to do a test to see what companys had the best customer service. I used the same problem with all the companys involved, Walther, S&W,Taurus, Glock, Bersa,Beretta, Colt,Ruger,Khar.
Walther, S&W, Glock, bersa, Beretta and Taurus all went beyond and above to make the complaint right. Colt, Ruger and Khar all gave me a thats your problem attitude and made no offer to make the complaint right. Out of the ones that worked to make a customer satisfied, Beretta and S&W were the best. They offered to do what ever it took to make the problem resolved. Colt's, Ruger and Kahr had attitudes that were very poor. I called and talked to three different service people to make sure I was not just getting someone with a bad attitude. On the other manufactures I only had to call once and it was taken care of. Colt, Ruger and Kahr had three calls each non of which ended in any resoloution to the problem. It was a Sorry we could not help. I was a bit supprised at Ruger, they had a reputation that was very good in the past. Maybe now that the gun craze is slowing a bit and orders are dropping, they will come back into line. This is not an end all but a general comparitive of customer service.

I just wonder how long did it take to write the OP, and how much time
I took the time to do a test to see what companys had the best customer service.
it took to do your "Test". It would have been so easy while your calling each company to type out how each "Test" went, wouldn't it have?

That in my book, would have given some validity in your "test".

LanceOregon

This original post screams bogus to me. Nothing about it comes across as being credible in my opinion. Everything about it is way too vague in the way that he describes things. So vague, in fact, that it pretty much comes off as being a meaningless allegation.

Very lame post, in my opinion.

:confused:

Andrmgic

As a side note, I received excellent service from Magnum research for my Desert Eagle.

I had my dealer ship it back to them on Wednesday august 4th (the day I gave it to my dealer to ship via priority mail) and I had it back in my hands repaired on August 18th.

They could use a little work on providing updates to customers about the status of things, but I got a live person on the first or second ring and was immediately transferred to a tech who was able to look up my gun via origin zip code since I didn't have the serial # handy.

I had to leave a message the second time I called as all of the techs were busy, but I received a phone call back in less than an hour and was told that my gun had been shipped 2nd day air fedex to my dealer the day earlier and I'd have it back on Wednesday the 18th.

They even replaced my case that had a broken hinge and transferred my accessories over to it.

Been perfect ever since I got it back.

A for MRI for fast turn around time and service.

johnbt

"Sounds as if some folks are simply upset because their favorite manufacturer received a bad report!"

Ooh, my feelings are hurt. Ha. Dear clueless, the last time I had a favorite manufacturer was 1963. Or maybe it was 1955 when my grandparents gave me a Daisy bb rifle with a metal Daisy cleaning kit box and a wall rack.

Jeez. He was wasting their time with his lies.

John

johnbt

"I've gotten stellar service from EVERY gun-industry company I've EVER dealt with. Including Ruger."

In my case, especially Ruger. I bought my first one in '72 and the only time I''ve had to return one was in the early '90s and they did a superb job and tossed in a free 40-ounce trigger job. It was a 22/45 that wouldn't feed right fwiw.

orionengnr

Well, instead of hypotheticals....let's deal with the real world. When you say that XXX, YYY and ZZZ all went "above and beyond to make it right", what you are really saying (since you did not really have a firearm displaying difficulty, nor did you send it in and get it fixed) is that they said they would do whatever it takes.

Yeah, well... in the real world, talk is cheap.

--There are hundreds (if not thousands) of examples on this forum of how Taurus's CS is willing to promise anything...and all too frequently, deliver nothing...or maybe a little something, six-nine months later. Or maybe two or three tries later...and you pay foer shipping each time.
--S&W's CS is legendary, as is Ruger's, and Springfield's...and they pay for shipping. First time, every time...although first time will probably do it.
--Kahr has a mixed reputation online, but my only experience with them was A+.

An assessment of your "scientific method" would tally in the range of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". :rolleyes:

Your inability to spell "Kahr" (or "companies" or numerous other words....) would add a bit of fuel to that fire.

Last edited: