Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster

dairycreek

In my eternal quest for just the right concealed carry setup I have been using a Two O'Clock IWB carry position more and more. I find it to be comfortable, secure, and that it allows for easy access and draw. So, I was quite intrigued when I say Comp-Tac's advertisement for its new IWB holster, the Two O'Clock.
TwoOClock.JPG

I ordered one and, as usual, CT's customer service and delivery were excellent. CT advertises the basic holster at $55.00 but adds a $10.00 charge for a revolver such as my Ruger SP101 2-1/4" snubby.
HOLSTERPIC4-1.jpg

HOLSTERPIC2-1.jpg

I have been experimenting with the combo for a little more than a week and have found to be very, very good. For me, it fits best at its namesake position Two O'Clock on my right side. Easy to conceal, quite secure on the belt, and allows for a sure, safe, and easy draw.
I recommend it highly.

Last edited:

2cooltoolz

Hi, good review!! I am interested in the 2 O'Clock and would appreciate your opinion on some questions.
Where does the 2 O' ride? Does it hit the legs and push up when sitting, bending, squatting?
Does it push the belt out of shape, or does the offset clip thin it out enough to seem more natural?
Does it tuck the grip into the body so it doesn't print on the shirt?
How does the Kydex feel against the skin? Does it chafe or feel comfortable?

I prefer 2 O'clock carry and have tried a couple of quality holsters, but they weren't designed specifically for that.

Thanks!!

dairycreek

Hi, good review!! I am interested in the 2 O'Clock and would appreciate your opinion on some questions.
Where does the 2 O' ride? Does it hit the legs and push up when sitting, bending, squatting?
Does it push the belt out of shape, or does the offset clip thin it out enough to seem more natural?
Does it tuck the grip into the body so it doesn't print on the shirt?
How does the Kydex feel against the skin? Does it chafe or feel comfortable?
/QUOTE]
2cooltoolz

For me, the holster is riding just ahead of my right hip with the handle of the gun (2-1/4" Ruger SP101) tightly nestled close to my body. Very comfortable and nothing is sticking out. Once in place it stays in one place. It doesn't hit my legs, or push up when I am sitting in a chair or riding in the car. I have, so far, found it quite comfortable.

I have a 1.5", leather gun belt which is quite stiff. The clip on the holster is also 1.5" and clips on the belt securely. As you point out, the clip is offset from the main holster body and results in a thin holster contour. Seems quite natural to me.

I always wear a t-shirt and have never had the kydex (or, for that matter leather) next to my skin so I can't really answer that part of your question.

If I didn't get your questions answered please feel free to try again.

2cooltoolz

Exactly what I wanted to know. I think this might be my next holster. I own a minotaur, which I like a lot, but it can be a bit bulky..not so much in thickness, impacting concealability, just in the size of the leather backing, kinda rubs in places. I'm hoping it will soften up with wear.
Thanks a lot for responding:)

jlh26oo

Hey D.C. what would prevent one from using something like that right behind their hip instead of at 2 O'Clock, provided a small enough pistol? Doable, or no?

dairycreek

jlh26oo

Not a thing. I have tried it on various places on my belt and it works quite well in a variety of positions. I learned (in another thread) that a number of folks use the holster in a4 to 4:30 position and like it there a lot. FWIW:)

jlh26oo

Excellent, thanks for sharing. B.T.W... it looks tuckable, with that offset clip. You ever bother tucking with it?

dairycreek

jlh26oo

I have never used a tuckable of any kind so I just can,t make any kind of a comment on how the 2 0'Clock might do. Good luck,