Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech ???

TINCUP AL

What are your expereinces with either on of these holsters ? I am looking for a good all around holster with decent retention but still allows for a smooth draw. Thanks

Ken O

I have three Blade-Tech holsters that I'm happy with. I did have quite a wait to get the IDPA compliant one for the S&W 625, more than two months if I remember right.

I don't have any experiance with the Comp-Tac so I can't comment on that.

gordo b.

the Comp Tac Belt holster or the settable Cant belt model is the bomb on a Liger 1.5" belt.(or a Wilderness lined Instructors) ;)

zenner22

I started with Blade Tech and liked the holster for my XD9. My friend had one for his Glock and that was also great quality. Then I got one for an MP9 with a ridiculously large sight channel. Sent it back and got the Comp Tac.

But just to be sure I ordered a 1911 Blade Tech. Same thing, a huge sight channel. With the gun in the holster you could drop a pencil down the top of the holster and not touch the holster or the gun, it would drop freely. So large it could almost house my backup gun. I sent it back for another one and it had the same problem. Seemed like sloppy workmanship. Comp Tac is my holster of choice now.

I like Comp Tac's holsters better but I like Blade Tech's mag pouches. Not impressed with Comp Tac's clip on mag pouches.

9mm1033

I use two brands, Blade-Tech and TKW. Both high quality, but since the TKW fits my XD and that's my primary sport gun, it's used more. I definately prefer the TKW magazine holders to Blade-Tech.