Comments from anyone else who owns a Seecamp .32 ACP

FunGramps

I just bought a NIB SS Seecamp .32 ACP. I wanted a very small up close and personal, highly concealable self-defense gun. Barring the self-defense ammo size argument, I've read this is a highly regarded piece and very well made.

I opted for the .32 and will run one of the manufacturers recommended rounds through it...Speer gold dot.
Chose the .32 to tone down the recoil a bit. Did pretty well on price...$445.00.

I'd like to hear from someone who owns one, and how they feel about the weapon so far.

My larger carry is either a .38 Special S&W wheel gun or my Glock 19 in 9mm.

Cheers!

Rothdel

Have one and was a total impulse purchase. Well made and substantial little gun. Recoil is surprisingly snappy for a 32 but recoil is so subjective mileage may vary.

Obviously no sights so its a short short short range firearm.

Given the weight, recoil, and lack of sights I never carry it leaning towards my Ruger LCP as it addresses the 3 issues above plus in a "more effective" cartridge. Thats not to say I wouldn't trust to carry it. Mine has been reliable.

It is very concealable and extremely well made. If it works for you to carry it is a great purchase.

Last edited:

PSP

I carried one for a long time. It proved to be very reliable with a variety of ammo brands. Usually I loaded Silver Tip or Gold Dot. Despite the quirky nature l grew to appreciate the quality. For a few years I carried it in a Hedley pocket holster.

FunGramps

"I carried one for a long time. It proved to be very reliable with a variety of ammo brands. Usually I loaded Silver Tip or Gold Dot. Despite the quirky nature l grew to appreciate the quality. For a few years I carried it in a Hedley pocket holster."

Nice to hear. I tried to find the Silver Tip, but nothing available that I could find at any price. Not an issue though. Seecamp recommends the Gold Dot as well.:)

FunGramps

An interesting Seecamp history excerpt:

Designed with identical dimensions to the earlier .25 caliber model and around the only hollow point .32 ACP commercially available at the time, Winchester Silvertips, the LWS .32 would become Seecamp’s most popular handgun. During the height of its run, a factory LWS .32 commanded prices of $1000 a unit and was sold out years in advance.

ViperJon

Had one and sold it off recently. So many small pocket guns and deep concealment options in much better calibers it's kind of irrelevant now. Well made though.

Sgt127

I think mines a first or second year. Back then, they were bringing $700 and up on the open market.

A buddy called me and told me to come by.

He had a box of them sitting on his dining room table. Maybe 20 of them.

I’d never heard of them but, I bought one for, I think, $200.

Carried it for years as a deep cover BUG. Even modified a handcuff case I wore on the front of my belt to carry it.

Ran great with the original Silvertips. Haven’t shot it in many years.

I think around 2015, Seecamp reintroduced the .25. Got an early 2 digit serial number. It’s an absolute blast to shoot. Eats every round you can put in the magazine. Got two extra mags. Glad I did. I don’t think they even making the .25 anymore as they can’t get magazines made for them.

And just a few days ago, Seecamp shut down the old Seecamp forum that was a treasure trove of information on the entire history of Seecamp. Just gone. Deleted.

The new owners are not making, or keeping, many friends with the old Seecamp owners.