Commander size 1911 in .40 cal?

gmarr

Ok, indulge me a minute. I've been shooting an STI hi-cap in .40 caliber. Love it. So much that I've been thinking about a Commander size, single stack, to use for ccw. So who makes one, does anyone have one, and what's been the experience with it? Thanks

Olympus

No experience as that's a fairly uncommon configuration. STI might make one. But that's probably the only production company. Anything else would be a custom build.

BigJimP

Wilson Combat will make a number of their guns in .40S&W ....as a semi-custom mfg...if that is in your budget range ( $ 2,500 - $ 3,000 usually)...that would be my first choice.

I don't want to turn this into a caliber debate...but other than just "you want one - which is fine".....why not just consider a 1911 in 9mm ( there are a lot of them out there)...and with a round something like the 147gr Hydra Shok ...your ballistics are pretty close to a .40S&W in some grains of bullets..for carry.

but if you just want one ...that's ok too...( that's why there are 50 or so handguns in my safe ) :D..../ I like the .40S&W...but I also like Wilson's 1911's in both 9mm and .45 acp ( my pair of Wilsons' are 2 of the best guns in my safe - and the .45 acp CQB is my primary carry gun ) ...and they make a CQB full sized and a compact, etc....they're nice guns !!