Commander rear site help

Joe Portale

Hello,

I recently broke the elevation screw on my Colt Commander. I have had zero luck finding the screws. Attached is a pix of the site. Can anyone tell me what this is? The sight appears to be factory installed due to some interesting machining where the rear of the sight locks into the slide. Also, there are factory indexing marks where the cuts for the standard dove tail would go.

To describe the rear site, it is a leaf spring design. Very similar to a Smith and Wesson, but with a very large adjustable leaf site head. The leaf spring sits into a channel that has been machined into the slide and runs from the back extending to the ejection port. The leaf spring is attached to the slide with a screw that it located at the end of the spring. The adjuster screw is a flat large headed thing with indexing marks on it. The threaded portion of this screw is a hollow tube with threads cut on the inside. This attaches to a tabbed stud that has male threads on the shaft. The ears of this stud slip under and into a slot in the slide. The elevation is adjusted by turning the screw.

There are no easily identified marks on this spring except for a stylized "E" on the left side of the site "head".

Please can anyone identify this critter? I called Numerich's but with a brand they could do nothing for me.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• top2.jpg
    top2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 41

Joe Portale

Thanks George. I popped over to the Millet web site. Lo and behold there she was! The casting on the top of the sight sure looks like an "E". If it is held long ways, it does sort of look like a "M". I was really thinking that this was an older Ellison. Will call Millet in the morning. Once again, thanks. :cool: