Cominolli Trigger For Glock

Tom B

Looking for a better trigger for my recently purchased Glock 17. The Glock is a second gen born in Jan 90. Accuracy and reliability are very good. I usually put the Glockmeister Competition 3.5 Trigger Assembly in my Glocks but I decided to try something different this time. I talked to Mr. Cominolli by phone last week about his trigger and decided to put one on order. I then ordered a "tuned" 3.5lb connector from the Glock Custom Racing people. By "tuned" I believe that the connector is highly polished but I don't know what else. Maybe someone on the board here can fill me in on the details of this connector? Everything should be here this week and when I get it all together and range test it I will post a report. I have read a lot about this trigger so I am eager to try it.

Tom B

The new trigger/connector is installed and a nice pull. Dryfired only and the range test comes today. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but did a comparison side by side with my G20 with the Glockmeister Competition Trigger Assembly. The Cominolli may be just a tad smoother and liter. However costs = Cominolli/CGR connector = $130. Glockmeister Comp Trig Assy = $62. Cominolli has just mailed me a modified trigger spring that he wants me to try with his trigger. He states it "will make a big difference". It should arrive next week.

Tom B

Range Test Complete

Put 130 rds of S&B 115gr FMJ and Ga Arms 124gr JHP+P thru the G17. Reliability was 100%. Trigger was the best I have felt in a Glock however I have not tried some of the gunsmith trigger jobs. I ended up using the Cominolli trigger and his modified trigger spring along with a CGR tuned 3.5 connector. Trigger staging was a little different and took some getting use to. All in all a great trigger if your want to pay the extra for the parts. This weekend I am trading for another G17 and will try the Glock 3.5 connector polished with the stock spring to compare with the Cominolli package.

hitnthexring

Re: Aftermarket Glock Trigger

TomB, you are risking an accidental discharge by using a non-Glock trigger. Some non-Glock triggers have caused AD's by deactivating one or more safeties. Why risk that when there is no advantage?

Tom B

Sorry but the purpose of my post is not to debate aftermarket vs stock Glock parts. I am aware of the past problems with the LSI trigger and all safeties have been tested. The purpose is to share what my opinions of this trigger are for anyone who is interested. This because I read many threads regarding Glock triggers and mods to same. If one doesn't understand any "advantage" to that then this thread would be of no interest.

maxxx93

Tom,
you are correct, the only one that had a problem was the lightning strike POS.

But it's typical, somebodys got to rain on your parade, and condem all aftermarket triggers, and your research.

But I'm glad to hear that you're at least checking the safetys operation though

I found your testing very interesting, don't let one (fill in the blank) bother you.

Tom B

New Glock Trigger Mod

Did a little trading at the gunstore yesterday and walked away with a NIB third gen G17. This one is still a single pin model but has the better looking slide finish (you know the finish that Glock claims is no different from the old finish but is in fact). Completed the following mods last night (using all Glock factory parts by the way) Installed a 3.5 connector with the original trigger spring that came with the 5.5 assembly. Polished connector and trigger bar contact surfaces and safety plunger. Trigger has a good feel and is liter that before. It is quite adequate but is not as lite or smooth as the Cominolli/CGR set up posted above. Also polished barrel feedramp to mirror while I had the Ole Dremel out. Checked trigger and striker safeties and all OK. Range test tomorrow. :)

SteveC

Does a Glock trigger ever get "crisp"?

Out of curiousity, can a Glock trigger be made to have a crisp break using drop in parts? Alternatively, can you get a smooth "rolling" trigger instead?

Just curious, as I don't own a Glock.

Steve

Tom B

Some people use the NY spring with the 3.5lb connector to get that type feel but I have never tried it nor have I fired a Glock with that type set up. Many do not like the Glock trigger but I think it is the best thing out there even in stock factory form.

glockgazda

Tom, would you care to comment on visual differences between the Cominoli and stock geometry? How is the takeup and reset compared to stock (by just changing trigger/trigger bar assemblies)? If there is the difference, is it achieved by using different trigger bar or trigger itself, or both?

Also, here are some things I do to test different setups for Glocks. Test them in the same gun. Use the same plunger, plunger spring, striker, striker spring, trigger return spring. Then swap the connector and trigger setups. Dryfire each setup, but use your sights. I see a lot of people testing triggers by dryfiring without using sights, to "feel" the trigger. That does give you the feel for the takeup and creep, but doesn't show you what it does to your sight picture.

SteveC, the fact is while the striker is a finely machined piece, connector and trigger bar are stampings with sheared off surfaces in all the wrong places. They vary widely in between different batches. As a general rule (and assuming you leave trigger return and/or striker spring alone) 3.5lb connector means lighter/creepier, 5lb connector means heavier/crisper, 8lb more of the same.

JAUR

Glock crispier trigger

Tom B, Steve C and any other interested. Another way to lighting Glock triggers is to install a reduced power striker spring. I`ve installed a 4 lbs striker spring in all my 9mm glocks, feeling these benefits: Lighter take up, very crisp brake(more single action feel), no need to buy more expensive 3.5lb trigger connector and in morer than 3.000 rounds fire not a single missfire.
A lighter, 4lb or 3.5lb striker spring will work under the same principle of the 3.5lb connector. The 3.5lb connector places the brake before the 5.5lb striker spring is fully compressed, thus giving a lighter trigger feel. This set up is also a good solution for smaller hands, since the trigger brakes at the rearest portion of its travel, giving shorter trigger reach.

Tom B

Cominolli Vs Stock Trigger

I didn't do any close or measured comparisons between the two but in just looking at them they look identical. In fact during the course of removal I got the two assemblies mixed up and asked Mr. Cominolli how to tell them apart while discussing another issue by phone. He laughed and stated he "must have done a good job" with respect to his trigger. He told me that there is a horizontal hole thru his trigger and sure enough there was. That is the only difference that I saw. His trigger has the same mushy type feel as a stock 3.5 but smoother with less staging. Reset distance may be slightly less but very very little difference. During the second range visit I did an unintentional double tap one time when I was trying for a short trigger reset. As with any competition trigger it is less forgiving.