Coming soon: 180 grain .270 win load data!

Roadkill2228

I have searched the Internet high and low for load data for the 180 grain woodleigh ppsn .270 bullet and have found none. I have some of these bullets and plan to order more. They stabilize just great in the standard 1:10 .270 twist and were designed expressly for the .270 wcf by woodleigh. They have the potential to turn the .270 into a totally different kind of beast, opening well at low impact speeds and with a bc of over .5 it's certainly not a woods range only round. Sectional density greater than 160 .264, 175 7mm, 220 .308, 250 .338, and 300 .375...it'll penetrate! Anyway, I'll be posting within the next month or three (im very busy) well defined load data with magnum primers, imr 7828, rl22, and rl 25. Rl 25 shows the most promise so far (I have been experimenting already) along with hopefully one day some terminal results. Stay tuned. This is why I love hand loading. I am going into uncharted territory here.

Roadkill2228

If your looking to acquire said projectiles americans can get them from Midway USA and Canadians (like me) can get them through tradeexcanada.com. They cost me 40 cdn for 50 projectiles plus tax and shipping so I don't just go an plink with them that's for sure.

Roadkill2228

If someone out there with an internal ballistics software program would care to run the numbers (for pressure and speed) with a 180gr .277 and rl22, imr7828, and rl25 that'd be super helpful and appreciated.

Roadkill2228

Of interest, woodleigh also makes a 240 grain ppsn weld core designed for .30-06...i just may try then in my .300 win mag someday soon. Rl 25 might b great for that weight in that cartridge, although with rl25 I know from a stupid experience that it's easily possible to get enough powder into that case to be way overpressure with 180 hrs, so maybe I'll go even slower. I have some h50bmg and an old can of the now discontinued h870 that I can't think of a use for...maybe a 240 grain would offer enough
Resistance to actually utilize such crazy slow powders.