Combined Foid and CC card . . .

Prof Young

After two years of waiting (I live in Illinois) I finally got my renewed concealed carry card and it is combined with my Foid (Firearms Ownwer ID)as one card. There is now no expiration date on the card.

I've heard it rumored that the new no-expiration-date cards would mean that when we buy ammo in IL there will have to be a phone call to the state police to verify that the card is still good. What a huge hassle.

I tried out the new card for an ammo purchase today. Clerk looked at the card, discerned that it was one of the new no-expiration-date cards and asked to see my driver's license. I showed her my DL with the query as to why. She explained that the new Foid card is automatically renewed with your driver's license. If your DL is good then so is your Foid. That makes a lot more sense and a lot less hassle than the phone call. Occasionally some of the IL state government gets it right . . . sort of.

Still a lot of contention here about the constitutionality of a Foid card to begin with.

Life is good.
Prof Young

seanc

She explained that the new Foid card is automatically renewed with your driver's license.

You might want to double-check that. The ILSP has a website with all kinds of info. Do your own research professor.

Mike38

My FOID / CCL renewal took 14 months and 14 days. Crazy. As for the no printed expiration date, I have been told it's now up to the holder to make sure their card is valid and up to date. The state will no longer send out reminders. Being tied to your driver's license is something I've never seen until I saw it here. Might be a good idea to check the forum at illinoiscarry.com for more info. If you can't find the answer in the forum search, make a post and ask.

DaleA

My FOID / CCL renewal took 14 months and 14 days. Crazy.

During the early days of the pandemic Minnesota had 'appointment only' venues to submit your paperwork for renewal.

The waiting time to submit your paperwork was absurd and IIRC these guys threatened legal action and more venues were opened up to take your paper work.

https://gunowners.mn/

Maybe you could do the same? Still, Illinois so maybe it's a lost cause there.

Shadow9mm

Getting it right would be no foid card or cc card. Come on over to Indiana! No foid card, and of July 1st of this year, Constitutional carry, no cc permit. Indiana financial got it right. Now if i could just get my $135 back for my lifetime cc....