Combat rifle competition & sights?

MP-44

In those simulated combat rifle competitons ( what are they called?) If there is no stipulation on sights, which sight is used most? Also i would assume that the AR is the dominant rifle, is there any others that are encountered regularly?

Andrew Wyatt

well, At the Swat magazine 3-gun match, the ACOG 4x32 TA01/Tao1 NSN scopes and th ACOG 3.5 power scopes are pretty much tied for most popular.

Ar-15's are the most popular rifles, though m-1a's and FAL's seem to be the second most common.

Not to hijack the thread but I am more interested in what the winners are shooting rather than what is the most common ?

RickB

I've shot eight or ten 3-gun matches, and have used iron sights for all. Depending on the rules, most shooters will opt for a scope on the rifle, but shooting USPSA Limited, iron sights are used on all three weapons. I shoot M1 Carbine and M1 Garand, and neither is very popular!

Correia

This years winners all shot some variation of AR15.

I noticed a ton of ACOGs. Nice optics.

WC3gun has the most restrictive equipment rules for scopes. But I shoot irons so its all good for me. :)

At smaller matches you will see a lot more red dot style sights, but usually because the ranges are shorter.