Combat Knife CArry

FireForged

To you military and tactical guys: How do you carry your knife when in the field? Why do you carry it that way?

Any pics on your mode of carry would be nice also. Thanks

MauiDoc

Neither military nor tactical....

...I carry a Gerber Valloton in my right hip pocket. Found that if I grab it and pull out and back, the thumb stud catches on the edge of the pocket and it's open by the time it clears. Kinda handy little feature.

DWARREN123

Sheath knife, upside down on my left suspender harness (LBE) because it is readily available and I am right handed.

troy_mclure

on my frag vest i carried a gerber combat folder, in my pocket i carried a benchmade auto striker, on my belt i carried a gerber multi tool, all issued.

i was a combat enginner, so was always cutting something.

now i cary either a cerber covert folder, or benchmade rescue.

for work i carry spyderco salt series.

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
During my career as an airborne reccie crew member, wore two knives: 5" Puma on neck cord under flight suit and para harness (no flop if bailout {shudder} were necessary) and Kraut paratrooper gravity knife in zipped leg pocket. The grav knife is long gone, but I still treasure that little Puma.

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Usually a RAT-3 on my IBA, Anza Boddington on my hip and a benchmade folder in one pocket, SAK in the other.

Also tote a multi-tool (issued) on my IBA.

Biggest two problems - with the IBA on, pockets are very hard to get into, two, needed a knife that could be used as a pry bar for doors - the Anza Boddington fills that role at a decent price.