Combat Focus

rezmedic54

I have just finished Rob Pincus's book on Combat Focus Shooting. Has anyone else read it? I think it was well written and plan to find out more about it sounds like a much better way to do things. The reason for the post is a thank you Rob and with any luck I'll be saving my pennies here and I will try to take the instructors class sometime next year. If this is in the wrong place please move it to the right one thanks, Kurt

Rob Pincus

Kurt,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you not only appreciated the book, but also took the time to share it with others.

I look forward to seeing you at Valhalla.

Also, if it makes more sense for you to train near home, I think I am going to schedule both a Combat Focus and Adv. Pistol Handling course in the near future in Farmington, NM. The LE Academy there has been using Combat Focus Shooting fundamentals in their program for about a year and they are having great success. Keep an eye on the schedule at the Valhalla Website for course additions!

As for the Instructor course, we just finished the last one for 2007 earlier today. There are two scheduled at VTC next April and one in Europe in March. The second one in April will be immediately followed by an ADvanced Pistol Handling Instructor course.

-RJP

rezmedic54

Thanks for the heads up Rob. I will be checking on the site for sure. From the book and then watching the DVD I can see how it all comes together. Thanks again for letting me know about the upcoming classes.

685cmj

Rob,
I have recently finished the book as well. I was a bit disappointed in the very short length of the book--I had hoped to make it my all-winter reading!

On another, but related Valhalla topic: I recently found out as a Minnesotan that apparently Colorado has just changed its carry law in regard to recognizing Minnesotans who have a permit (evidently Colorado won't recognize Minnesota residents' permits anymore). Since my wife and I spend a month every year in Colorado, and had decided to spend some time this coming year at Valhalla while we were there, this news was more than disappointing on several fronts. Subsequently I emailed to your staff asking for the name of any particular key legislator in the reciprocity change so that I could correspond with that legislator and tell him that until Minnesota's permit is recognized again, we won't be spending our time and money in Colorado anymore (and thus we can't come to Valhalla). Your staff never even bothered to reply. Disappointing!

Rob Pincus

First, thanks for the positive feedback on the book. Frank Borelli and some other reviewers have noted the short length, but pointed out that there isn't a fluff in the book. CFS is an intuitive system that is supposed to be very simple and efficient... I didn't want to write a 300 page book to explain something that is supposed to come naturally. ;) . I am working on a second book now, which wil be longer in length and cover both the mechanics of consistent advanced pistol handling and the concepts of tactical training in context.

Next, I apologize for the lack of response. It is highly unlike our operation to simply ignore an email. Could you please forward it to me, or at least PM me your email addy so that I can check the archives to see if it was received. (vscrob@msn.com). The state congressman who might be able to help is Ray Rose. I consider him a friend, his email is : ray.rose.house@state.co.us .

I look forward to seeing you and your wife out here at Valhalla!

-RJP

685cmj

Rob,
"I am working on a second book now, which wil be longer in length and cover both the mechanics of consistent advanced pistol handling and the concepts of tactical training in context."

Yah...that's what I'm talking 'bout!

Thanks for the kind response to the email disappointment as well. I PMed you with the details. I will send an email to Ray as well. Thanks.