Columbus, Ohio area CCW

Sevens

To the good folks who are licensed to carry concealed in the State of Ohio, I wonder if you have an informed opinion on this.

It's my understanding that you may apply to your county of residence, or any adjacent county to your county.

Does anyone have an opinion on county options? I live in Delaware county, so I can apply to any of Franklin, Marion, Union, Knox, Licking, Morrow, and of course, Delaware county.

Anyone applied to any of these counties with quick or slow results? With Franklin county, I'm thinking either it's backlogged due to the high population, or they have a dedicated staff for the processing due to the high population.

osuflipster

I applied in Union County, it was no trouble at all. Stay away from Franklin, Deleware should also be no trouble. Call the local sheriff they will walk you through the process. DO NOT take you gun to the Courthouse when you go to fill out paperwork.

shortwave

IMO, I like the option of filing in adjacent county. Relation and a few friends went through Franklin Co. Seemed it took a little longer possibly due to backlog. I went through Fairfield and it was a very pleasureable experience. The staff at sheriffs office handling CCW were fantastic.

Not an option for you but unless any other Ohioans are watching this thread, Greene was a breeze and took right at 30 days to process, even as someone who has not lived in US for all of the last 5 years.

Sevens

Greene county is a beautiful place... I have in-laws in Xenia. I'll actually be taking my concealed training just north in Springfield, but yeah, I can't apply there for the permit.

Did you realize Ohio's record buck was taken in Greene county? Google that sucker!