Colt WWII Commemoratives

BigG

Hey Harley! I've been watching this forum for a while and I have a question for you.

I have a pair of boxed Colt 1911A1s built in 1970 as WWII Commemoratives. Each has the same serial number with the suffix indicating ETO or PTO. One commemorates the defeat of Germany, the other Japan, with appropriate engraving on each. The guns are nickel plated and provided with 7 rounds of dummy ammunition and a large book entitled "Colt History of WWII".

The guns are unfired. What is this set worth?

------------------
Yankee Doodle

Harley Nolden

Staff In Memoriam
BIGG
According to my records these two pistols were issued in 1970, with 11,500 mfg'd. The current listing on the values is $695.00 for each pistol. $1,390.00 for the set.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited June 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited July 01, 1999).]

James K

Member In Memoriam
Hi Harley,

Interesting about the price on the WWII comems. Maybe you remember, but I think that is less than what they sold for new.

Jim

BigG

Welp, I'm glad I didn't buy them in 1970. The value has actually gone down, since a dollar was arguably worth more then than now. Maybe I can use them for shooters. Hehehe... After all, they are 1911A1s with the exact specs of the military Colts. Don't worry, I haven't shot them! I still like them for nostalgia value. Maybe by 2020, when they are 50 years old, they will have antique value, if nothing else!?!

------------------
Yankee Doodle