Colt Ultimate Officers Model????

hipwr40

Was wandering around the local gunshop today and came across a Colt Ultimate Officers Model. It had a polished blued slide over a polished chrome frame. It was PRETTY! It didn't appear to have many rounds through it and came with the box and manual.

2 questions: What is the difference between Officers model and Ultimate Officers model?.....and, what's it worth in very good-excellent shape?

thanks

Jeff OTMG

The Ultimate is used to describe the finish. I have never seen a two tone version as you described, but the all stainless version is completely polished to a mirror finish. It looks as though it was dipped in chrome. One of the members of the board had one for sale in the classified section a few months ago at, what I thought, was a very reasonable price. Use the search feature to look for it.

hipwr40

Jeff, thanks for the help. I found that old post with the one for sale by AMERICAN, but the asking price had been edited out. Any idea of what it was?

So, the frame is actually polished stainless, not chrome? The slide was dark blue, polished sides, matte top. Smooth wood grips w/ gold Colt medallions.

Would this be considered a "Colt Custom Shop" piece due to the finish, or just an optional factory finish?

Thanks

Ledbetter

I bought American's Officers' .45

The asking price was $600 as I recall. Beautiful gun. You should buy one.

Regards.