Colt Trooper MKIII Price Check

sarge83

I ran across a snub nose version Colt Trooper MKIII in .357 yesterday at the local pawn shop. The gun was not new or LNIB but in good condition, little to no wear and passed the March revolver test with flying colors. Asking price, $400 OTD? Thanks in advance gentlemen for any help.

FlyFish

I've always felt the MKIIIs are great guns that have the bad fortune to be compared to the original Troopers and the Pythons, which is something that few modern revolvers would do well with. And of course, they ain't making them any more and, like all things Colt and all things revolver, the prices continue to climb. Based on your description, I think $400 is a good deal - not a steal, but a good deal.

GUNKWAZY

$400 for any clean Colt 357 mag revolver is not a bad deal at all these days.
You can't get hurt on that kind of a deal as long as it's clean and has the correct factory grips/stocks.
You didn't mention barrel length or finish.
A clean nickel 2.5 inch Trooper would be a nice deal at $400.
A 4 or 6 inch Blued gun would be the most common to find and $400-$450 would be an average price.

Good luck, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

sarge83

Put it in layaway for the $400 OTD during my lunch hour. It looks like a two inch barrel and has fixed sights. It's actually a Colt Lawman from the receipt description.