manufactured between 1969 and 1983.

NIB Exc. V.G. Good Fair Poor
750 400 325 200 150 100

I own a rugged 4" in .357,,,
And a pristine 6" in .22,,,
Both great shooters.

Aarond

bluetopper

At least the post above is some kind of guide to go by, but those who print gun catalogs make their living selling books, not selling guns.

sgms

It's a place to start, even the gun sellers use use the books to get a base line for price on used firearms then adjust to what the local market will bear.

Nagano21

Thank you for your help. Even if it is from a book it is def a good place to start. I know I've seen it listed for more but it's still a good start.

FlyFish

Interesting that the Standard Catalogue makes two errors in its description of the gun - the rib on the Trooper MK III is solid, not ventilated, and the ejector rod shroud is not full-length like the Python.

I think they're also incorrect, or at least out-of-date, on their values as well. Good MK IIIs around here, which is generally the same part of the country that the OP is in, are easily bringing 100-200 more than the Catalogue's listed prices and are getting increasingly difficult to find.

I have two of them - 6" and 8" barrel - and they are very fine shooters, as well as being very ruggedly constructed guns.

jimbob86

I have one, and would not part with it, for any amount money ..... they don't make the Troopers anymore, and the printing presses they make the money on these days are working round the clock ......

Nagano21

Good to know. I thought the prices were on the lower side. This is one I just acquired and have NO interest in selling. I love it.

sarge83

Locally there is a 4 inch Trooper in used to good condition $399. They sold a 6 inch version which looked good to very good for $550 a couple months back. I passed on it because it did not lock up tight.

Bart Noir

I bought a 4-inch Trooper Mark III on Saturday, private sale at the gun show in Puyallup WA, for $375. It is in very good shape except for having the ugly Pachmayer-type rubber grips.

I believe I got a good deal and am eager to shoot it. It seems to balance nicer than the King Cobra I once had. I think they are the same sized frame, but the KC has more steel in the barrel what with the full underlug. And the Trooper sure seems to have a nicer, lighter trigger action than that KC, although I go from memory here.

Bart Noir

22-rimfire

The 22LR or 22WMR will be more valuable than the 357 mag version. It is a great revolver and is in fact my favorite 357 mag that I shoot.

Prices are a funny thing. Check closed auction prices to see what would likely be the higher end pricing.