Colt Trooper Mark III (Picture Thread)

Big Bill

Here is a picture of my Colt Trooper Mark III. I really like this gun. The trigger is great, and it shoots like a dream. If you have a Colt Mark III, I'd like to see a picture.

ColtTrooper11.jpg

Walther22lr

I used to have a NIB 6" Colt Trooper MKIII that looked like yours. Unfortunately, it had to be sold. :(

Several years later, I found this one at the pawn shop I frequented. I am pretty sure it was a police-trade-in due to the wear pattern on it.

It still has a very nice trigger pull and locks up tight! Quite accurate too. :)

attachment.php

Charger Fan

I've got two Lawman MK III's so far, so I don't have a Trooper pic to post. I'd like to find a nice Trooper one day, yours sure looks like a beauty.:)

aarondhgraham

Here's my pair of Mk III's,,,

colts.jpg

The 4" is chambered for .357 Magnum,,,
I call her Raquel.

The 6" is chambered for .22 LR,,,
I call her Rowena.

I would like to trade Raquel for a 6" version,,,
I primarily use her for a range revolver,,,
Also I would like the pair to match.

These puppies are extremely solid guns,,,
Very nice trigger on both of them.

Charger Fan

Big Bill, I think yours looks great. I'd be proud to own it.:)
I missed the "If you have a Colt Mark III, I'd like to see a picture" in your original post somehow, so I'll add my pair of Lawman guns to the fray. These are my first (& so far, only) Colts in my collection. I plan to add more, as finances allow.
They are both non-shrouded models, in 2" & 4".
2d0.jpg

b2b.jpg

529.jpg

Jeff #111

I like the non-shrouded Mk III Lawman. I've never seen one in person. Actually i was lucky to find the one I have. But I am always on the lookout. Very nice.

GUNKWAZY

Possibly the very first Trooper MK III ever made.
It's a Colt Trooper MK III Experimental prototype.
Hence the GX serial number prefix.
I believe Colt almost called it the Delta Trooper. As per the labels on the bottom of the grips.

delta1.jpg

delta2.jpg

delta3.jpg

delta4.jpg

delta5.jpg

delta6.jpg

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

GUNKWAZY

It came out of Colt's vault when they sold off their prototypes & experimental guns.
Yes, it came with it's historical letter.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Charger Fan

Now we're talking, those are some NICE Troopers, you guys!:)

Jeff (Gunkwazy), your prototype gun seems to have a different hammer design too, or is that how all the Troopers are? I have yet to hold a Trooper, so I'm not sure.

Jeff #111, I like the non-shrouded ones too, but I would also like to add a shrouded Lawman to my collection...just because.:D I consider myself lucky to have found my snubby locally, the 4" gun I found on Gun Broker.

Big Bill

Big Bill, I think yours looks great. I'd be proud to own it.
I am. I'm just not a great photographer. :)

GUKKWAZY - WOW! Thanks for the pictures. That gun is the grandaddy of all Troopers.

SIGSHR

The Colt Mark III action was designed by one Karl R. Lewis, who also created the Browning Lever Rifle-and the Dan Wesson revolver.

boa2

Here are a few pictures of my 4" Trooper MK III's and of my Lawman 2" MK III and 4" MK V"

1)Trooper MK III's:
P1010112.jpg

P1010764.jpg

2)Lawman 2" MK III snubby and Lawman 4" MK V:
P1050008.jpg

P1000057.jpg

Dfariswheel

Over the years I had 5 or 6 Trooper Mark III's, only one a .357.
All the others were .22LR, in 4" and 6" inch barrels, one a "Coltguard" electroless nickel.

The 6" guns were the best guns I ever saw for learning how to shoot a revolver double action.
Once that massive cylinder starts turning it tends to continue on to full lock up, leaving a smooth DA pull.

For some reason, the one I kept is a blued 4" .22.

MarkIIILeft.jpg

boa2

Dfariswheel:

I'm impressed with your Colt MK III .22 and those beautiful Colt grips! The wood graining is fantastic!:eek::cool: Did you add those grips after your revolver was purchased-or, did it originally ship from Colt with them?

aarondhgraham

Hello Big Bill,,,

Raquel and Rowene - old girlfriends?

Raquel after the movie star,,,
Because the gun reminds me of a big buxom woman.

You guessed right here though,,,
Rowena was named after an old girlfriend (a buxom one).