Colt Trooper .57(1974 vintage)!

boa2

I had been searching for a long time to find an early Colt Trooper .357 MK III and, my wish just came true, as pictured below(A lucky find!):eek::
P1010764.jpg

P1010772.jpg

P1010776.jpg

P1010777.jpg

P1010778.jpg

omegapd

Very nice. Congratualtions! Box and all is very impressive.

I'm a S&W man and only own one Colt (a Viper) but that looks good. Is it built on a frame similar to the K frames or is it bigger?

EW

boa2

omegapd: The Trooper MK III is on the Colt J frame, which is similar in size to an Smith & Wesson L-frame or an Ruger GP100. These Troopers are super strong revolvers!:D You are very lucky to have a Colt Viper! Those are very hard to find! I was fortunate enough to find a blued Viper!:eek:

tommy1969

I remember buying a new one back in 1974: the Trooper was $200 while the Python was $300. May not sound like much now, but that's a difference of a 50% mark-up over the Trooper!

I liked the Trooper because it looked a bit like the S&W 29, which couldn't be had for less than $500 at the time! I later bought a spring kit and really lightened her up a lot. Everyone who handled it wanted one, even though the Trooper was not considered all that desirable at the time.

Tommy

boa2

I had the same attitude regarding these Colt Trooper MK III's back in the early 1970's, as most other people.:barf: I was dreaming of someday owning a Python and/or a Diamondback-therefore as nice as these MK III's really were at the time, were just left unappreciated!:eek: However, the truth was that these MK III's really were nice guns with much better bluing than most any other revolvers-this side of a Python or a Diamondback. Now that I own this mint MK III, I now know what I had been missing all of those years-and, I feel that these Colt's deserve a place right along side those Python's, Diamondback's, and Viper's, in any Colt collection! I appreciate all of the very nice compliments coming in here!:p

nate45

Looks in great condition.

The Trooper MK 3 was the first pistol I ever owned 4in blue and a very smooth action.

I still regret trading it off even though I subsequently got a 4in nickle the action just wasn't as smooth.

boa2

Frontier509:

Thank you very much! This old Trooper certainly is beautiful and this is why I couldn't resist buying it!:D